I recieve trigger point injections every 6 weeks
I have had problems with my Jaw for 3 years, I finally went 2 years ago to an ENT who specializes in TMJ. My cartilage on my left side is pushed behind the Joint, causing the cracking and pain. I recieve what they call trigger point injections in Jaw muscle and neck muscle every 6 weeks. It helps some what, the pain is way better than it was before. Im also on Soma 350mg every night before bed to relax my muscles. It helps too but wake up really groggy. Some days the pain is worse alot though depends on how much stress im under. Is there any one else that recieves injections and if so how do they work for you? I've also noticed that my left eye is always puffed up, ALWAYS no matter what. I dont understand that one.
Seeing a competent tmj specialist may provide you more muscle pain relief. Left puffy eye is probaly autonomic nerve dysfunction. Seeing an orofacial pain specialist or neurologist is advised.
where do u get thesesshots and i can i get them I have been suffering with tmj for over a year now and im in so much pain and have so much pressure please tell me Dose it help you alot? miss stephy god help me oh my name is steph by the way