Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
Is my mouthguard too tight?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

Is my mouthguard too tight?

I bought The Doctors Nightguard that you melt and than mold to your teeth. I remolded it about eight times...every time it came out uncomfortable. Obviously I can't return it, so I'm trying to settle for the last mold I made. It's kind of tight all over, and feels like it's pushing down one on one of my front teeth. I am trying to wear it for a few hours before bed tonight to see if I can get used to it. After about twenty minutes it feels funny when I take it out, my teeth feel like there was pressure on them. I'm not sure if this is going to cause damage or not...I'm not sure how snug it should fit. I followed the instructions the best I could. Has anyone else had this issue? Is this normal?