Knot on my jaw after wisdom teeth removal.
Last week I had 3 wisdom teeth removed. One was impacted, but it never gave me trouble.
My problem is six days after surgery I have a large knot on my jawbone in front of where the impacted tooth was, and it hurts down into my neck! I cant open my mouth more than a half an inch and when I do open my mouth I have severe pain. This knot is very hard and its about two inches wide and one inch long. I cant even turn my head in the direction that this knot is in.  
The pain meds the dentist prescribed me doesnt help with the pain. My dentist said this was normal but I dont think it is, my mom had the same surgery and didnt have the knot and pain like I have.
Thanks to all! Mshellek
I just had the same thing happen to me. I was suppose to have all four of my wisdom teeth removed. the surgeon removed the top two and moved down to the lower right where he was unable to remove it from the pain I was feeling. I was sch to come back that following week to have the other 2teeth removed. before that happend, the next morning i had that same not, a fever,right side of face swallen three times its normal size, a fever,trouble swolling and when i did it would cause my right ear to hurt. I was addmitted into the hospital for 5 days for an infection that happend in less than 24hrs after my leaving the dentist office.
after wisdom teeth extraction 3 days ago my grandson has a hard knot under the hardest one they had to pull.....its painful even into his neck plus he has a hard time opening his mouth  but just a little.....should the dentist ne notified or is this common   thank you  sharon 620