Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
Leg Pain, redness, swelling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

Leg Pain, redness, swelling

Don't know if on correct community! 12 days ago I had a small red and inflammed patch at the top of my shin on my right leg. The inflammation spread all down my leg into my ankle and was going into my foot. I was diagnosed at the hospital with Cellulitis and given Flucloxacillin 500mg and 2x250mg Peniccin VK to take 4 times daily (1000mg in total daily) for 7 days. After the antibiotic was finished the redness had gone but still redness and lump at the top of my shin and my shin bone is still sore.My doctor thought it may not have been Celllulitis but Bursitis ( would Bursitis have caused redness and swelling to spread all the way down my leg?) I have since developed ankle and foot swelling (swelling with fluid) which is worst as the day goes on and at its best in the morning when I awaken. I am also experiencing pain in the calf of my left leg and some tingling in my lower leg and toes. Can anyone help me to know what is going on. I am 62 years old.