Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
Lump under cheekbone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

Lump under cheekbone

A big lump in my face has swollen up. It feels like a ridge of muscle or tissue about half an inch under my cheekbone (zygomatic arch) and two inches in from my left ear. Not really painful but just feels weird and have expereinced numb tingly feelings inb the past couple of months. But I only noticed this lump about 2 weeks ago. Doc says it's just fibrous tissue or possibly swollen lymph tissue (my gums have been irritated/slightly infected recently). The lump is movable, and feels more pronounced when I clench my teeth.

Can anyone please help - it's driving me crazy. Thanks!
Seeing an oral surgeon is advised.
Avatar n tn
Hi dannyhypo

I have exactly the same lump as you and at exactly the same location of the face as you. I just had an ultrasound today. It is affecting my hearing and giving me vertigo.mine also feel bumpier when I thighten/ clench my teeth. I will get an CT scan/MRI too.Can you please tell me how things went with you since march? I hope you are feeling better and that you got the right medical care.
Thank you in advance.
Did you find out what it was?