Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
Mandibular advancement

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

Mandibular advancement

I had a bilatoral sagital split osetotomy done and horziontal difficancey for a type 2 maclustion that i had on the 10th may. My question is i work in a call centre and i have to talk quite alot and my jaw constantly hurts. I do about 8 hours on the phone and its so straining i feel like giving up. My boss told me to take off time from work as they could see i was in alot of pain. How long do you think until i can fully use my jaw and go back to work. It is so frustrating and also 2 weeks ago i noticed a clicking/popping sound in my jaw i contacted my surgeon who said its due to a slipped cartledge disk. But the main question when can i go back to work properly.