Metal taste in mouth
I have severe TMJ. I receive trigger point therapy for it. Now, I have a metal taste in my mouth that won't go away. I have had it for a little over a month. My TMJ Dr. has no idea why. I was on a once a day morphine and now I am not due to problems with the office. Therefore I have not had it for over a month. Could it be part of the withdrawl or something else. The TM nerve has been going crazy in my face and head so I thought it was that. I did a steriod pack and it didn't help at all. Do you have a guess as to what it might be? Thank you, Lisa
MS CONTIN® -  (Morphine Sulfate Controlled-Release) Tablets could cause alteration in taste, ie metal taste. You should contact your MD......not your TMJ doc.
Instead of meds and Trigger Point injections I recommend you find a Neuromuscular TMJ expert. Go to www.top3dentist.com
I also have a copper taste in my mouth, dentist says no gum disease, I do have post nasal drip but thats never happened to me before I have this awful taste since going on 3 months, my doctor just says could be this could be that but doesn't test me for anything well I started having severe TMJ now that I am almost done with my braces I had the TMJ before, I did some research what I came across so far as a possibility is a pinched muscle or nerve in the area of my TMJ joint, which is to throw off a metal taste, so I really don't know blood work was done so nothing else has came up as being low in iron or zinc. I seen on a tmj specialist site metal taste in mouth so I am really pointing in that direction. I am in braces but I am trying to get therapy now for the annoying ringing sounds in my ears and the ear pain, I can't wait so I am finding someone now that can help me fix this problem..