Oral Bone Graft Pain
Recently,6 weeks ago,  I had a bone graft to my upper jaw.  This was not planned.  The periodontist had sedated me for a 3 tooth implant  but says he found the bone was not thick enough and proceeded, while I was under, to take bone from my lower jaw to graft into my upper.  Needless to say, I was a shocked when I came to, and found I had no implants, but had a huge black and blue jaw and a whole lot of pain.
I still have a lot of pain on the side of my mouth where the bone was extracted and can't tell which teeth it's coming from.  I know I can't bite down on the left side of my mouth.  My questions are:  how much longer should I expect to have a whole bunch of pain...also,I paid up front for three very expensive implants, how much more should I have to pay for this unplanned surgery and should I continue with this dentist?.