Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
Pain in cheek bone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

Pain in cheek bone

Ive had pain in my upper right side of teeth for about 3 yrs, i saw my dentist, she said i needed a root canal, i went to a orthodontist surgeon, was put to sleep to have 2 r.c. done on 2 molars, approx. 3 wks later i was still experiencing pain on the tooth infront of the molars that were done.  I went back to the specialist, he put me asleep again to do a 3rd root canal.(he almost owns my home now)$$$.  that was a yr ago, i still have the same pain, except now ive noticed where it seems to extend to..when i press on the right side of my teeth, i feel the pain going all the way up into my cheek bone.  I do not have any problems with sinuses, as ive had 3 mri's done and my neurologist told me my sinuses are clear.  to press on my right cheek bone sends pain back down into my teeth, the pain is there all the time.  My dentist has now made a night gaurd for my teeth (just incase i clench down when i get my migraines,) But no one knows what else to do for me or why i have this awful pain i always try & avoid chewing on my right side, but i still have the pain...any suggestions?
You may suffer from non odontogenous toothache. Seeing an orofacial pain specialist is advised.
Thank you for your suggestion, ive never heard of non odontogenous toothaches before, so i shall look that up and see if i can also get a referal to a orofacial pain specialist.

Take care,
Tetley3