Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
Reaccuring mandible dislocation not associated with trama

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

I have been having my jaw dislocate spontaneously for several years now quite often and every time I have to go to the er and get put to sleep and have them set it back. The first time I wasn't so lucky to be put asleep and it was so horrific my husband thinks he has PTSD from watching them litterally place their foot in the bed and try to shake my jaw.., small town really small. One of the er docs this last time suggested maybe the fact that my lower right side molars are so pushed inwards that maybe since that side of my teeth don't touch my muscles arnt getting that rest position so it could cause stresscauseing them perhaps o ball up and pull the joint out.., honestly I would be so thrilled if it was just something I could get fixed from braces or something and not having my jaw joints replaced. My Maxillio facial surgeon I went to said he wouldn't do that surgery because " I was too pretty and didn't want to put those type of scars on my face".., I'm happily married and I'm sure my husband wouldn't mind scars on my face if it ment not being in pain like I am any more. It's actually really severe pain even when it's not put of soket. It's been several years since this first start and the pain is getting pretty bad I just need someone who cares who is willing to figure out what's going on and just give it a shot to fix it somehow I'm pretty desperate at this point