Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
Ringing in ears getting worse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

Ringing in ears getting worse

Ringing in Ears are getting worse, and Headaches worse.  Had an accident in '03 docs said - no permanent damage, I guess should not have signed the papers from my lawyers.  Anyway, problems not getting better, some worse.  THere is also a clicking ringing sound in my right ear that wasn't there originally.  Sometimes the pitch of ringing changes, and makes me more dizzy, and have to stop everything until it stops.  Oh, and sometimes the hearing in my left ear goes totally out- can't hear out of it at all, like in the mornings sometimes. ???  Could you let me know what this might be.
Diagnosed- Post concussion (along with many more things almost 5 years ago)- This seems to be one of the worst-  I was so dumb to sign those papers from the settlement!!!  I struggle everyday.  Afraid I will end up homeless.  Anyway, I am in touch with Brain Injury Association, and in the first step of this.  Thank you if you have any answers about my hearing related to this,  Docs never mentioned TBI to me.  Just post concussion, what is the difference from a Doctor's point of view???  Thanks, Angela
I'm a TMJ specialist in the midwest.  I would need to hear more of your symptoms, but the ones you have listed are consistent with the disc displacement of the TMjoint.  The explaination for this is far too long for this forum.  To get more info go to American Academy of Craniofacial Pain website.  I'd be happy to help you find someone in your area if you think this sounds like your problem.  This is  common in trauma cases and is most often a delayed reponse.   TMJ Doc