Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
Tongue issues, TMJ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

Tongue issues, TMJ?

For the past few months my tongue has been feeling funny.  It is not numb and it does not affect my eating or talking.  It feels a little tight, mostly on the left side but sometimes on the right and sometimes on the top.  This weird feeling is usualy limited to one side or the other.  It changes every day and does not always bother me.  I also feel some occasional tightness in my jaw on both sides and on the left side of my face. I have also noticed that for the past few weeks I have been occasionally biting my tongue while talking.   Lately I have also had pain from the left side of my neck to my shoulder.  This can happen sitting down or moving.  I had my heart checked, it is ok.  Could this be TMJ?  If yes, what to do?    
Seeing a neurologist and orofacial pain specialist is advised.
I know its been a while since you posted this, but I just read it and am hoping you were able to get this evaluated.  This doesn't sound like TMJ, but a neurological thing.  Have there been any updates?