dislocated jaw.is it serious?
im 18 this year. Firstly, the topic in not really on surgery. I just have a question about my jaw which i'm sure in dislocated. Whenever i open my mouth big, there will be a loud cluck in the left side of the mandible where it articulates with the temporal bone i think.

I remember many many years ago when i was around 10, i bit something really hard on the right side of my jaw and felt my whole mandible moved a little. But for the next 8 years i didnt really worry about it. I notice now also that the central space of the upper and lower jaw (space between two front teeth of up and low jaw) are not aligned. the central space of lower jaw is around 3mm to the left.

is there a possibility that i might fracture any bone if i open my jaw too wide again with more force? will my jaw deviate to the left somemore? What can i do about it?

Please reply. Thank u so much.
Seeing a tmj specialist is advised.
You are like me. I am twice as old as you but I have had a cross bite since your age. It never bothered me until I got in a car wreck and the air bag slammed me unconscious and led me into 2 years of lancing sharp pain that got misdiagnosed and now I am addicted to Oxycotin. So my advice is be aware that any trauma to your jaw will most probably take that cross bite and make it worse. I dont believe in air bags myself now and if it is legal I am disabling mine in my new vehicle. Good luck hope i was helpful
What you describe is consistant with what is called a disc displacement with reduction.  The 'cluck' you hear is your mandible going on and off of the disc.  This would most likely be the reason your mandible is deviated to the left as the jaw will move back (towards your ear) and upwards when the disc is 'pushed' forward.  A compitent TMJ dentist will have no problem helping you.  You don't have any broken bones, just stretched ligaments that hold the disc in place.  You may have injured you TMjoint at age ten, but this situation can develope from multiple scenarios, but treatment will be the same.  My experience is that you should have a excellent prognosis if treated now before you have more progression of the pathology(breakdown) in you joint.  Try aacfp.org to find a good TMJ dentist.   Good Luck, TMJDoc