Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
facial swelling and pain 1 week after root canal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

I had a root canal done on an upper right tooth on 12/06.  It was very infected and the dentist couldnt get me numb and I felt the whole root canal process.  In the middle of the procedure the dentist even shot me through my canal into the bone marrow of my upper jaw to try and numb me and even that didnt work.   It took a few days but i eventually started to feel better.  

yesturday 12/17 My face started to swell again, no pain but was very swollen.  Today it has gotten bigger, and there is now tenderness in my gum, my skin on my face and a small spot right under my lower right jaw, and now getting some ear discomfort.  I am currently on 300 mg clindamycin. I am to see my dentist monday, but being on antibiotics and these symptoms coming on so suddenly and getting worse has me alittle scared.  

Any advice?