Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
had 2 extractions yesterday.. is what im feeling normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

I'd first like to start off by saying.. I do have general anxiety and lately have been paranoid about infections and my health................ due to no insurance, i have had a unfinished root canal that got infected and a root canal right next to it that needed to be extracted. so teeth 30 & 31. my back molar and the one next to it.

dentist told me i had a chronic infection there... and yesterday i was finally able to get them out. i went to an oral surgeon who gave me a payment plan.

now the day after i'm still experiencing some blood especially when i rinse my mouth and it seems like my gum is swollen still and i'm still very sore. i'm wonderin if all this is normal. i am on antibiotics but still paranoid about infectiong :( any input would help.........

is all this discomfort normal? i hurts on that side when i swallow. i feel like my gum is attached to my cheek. its difficult to talk and eat still. and is the blood still normal? it was a lot more blood yesterday the day of the surgery but now its mostly if i talk to much or rinse my mouth.

please any advice. is this something to worry about? or am i just stressing myself out?