Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
impacted wisdom teeth.dry socket and 2 weeks in bed with pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

Hello! had my 2 lower wisdom teeth removed 2 weeks ago. The right one was imoacted and and a difficult extraction. I  developed a dry socket and I ve been in excrutiating pain in bed  since. I finished the antibiotics and so many painkillers ( difene/ solpadol/ibuprofen) every 4 to 6 hrs were making me very sick. anyway.... I got 2 cleanses and medicated dressing by my dentist in the past week wich worked wonderfully on that side but the headaches, the stressed and exhausted painful jaw pain continues ( I think it feels muscular) and all over head and face aches and pains continues. I m on an almost liquid diet ( actimels, smoothies, soups,icecream,jelly and mash potatoes) due to that It hurts ti bite even a grain of rice and I m terrified of food getting into the holes...I m already brushing eith a tiddlers soft brush 3 or 4 times a day followed by the sea salt water rinse. My question is ...how long can I expect to contunue with these pains and diet?