pain roof of mouth
I've been suffering from this agonizing pain in the roof of my mouth. The pain is centered around an area behind the back of my teeth, around my airway. It's gone on several months and I cannot get an answer as to why. I can hardly even eat because of the pain. My jaw is really weak as well. I'm not sure if this is from tmj or something else. I also have terrible headaches so maybe it is neurological?
I would recommend you see your primary care physician for a full examination.  He or she might want to order a CT of the face or sinuses for further evaluation of the problem and might want to refer you to an ENT for further evaluation and treatment.
I've seen an ENT recently. CT scan of sinus was clear. I do have a deviated septum, however. Also, I've had a slight dislocation of my jaw.
It might be something neurological, but it might even be related to a sinus infection.  If you have weakness, you might require an MRI for further evaluation.  I would recommend you consult your physician.  You might need an evaluation by an ENT as well.
I have a bad case of TMJ, and I also have a very sore roof the the mouth.  I cannot believe all the problems that arrive from TMJ....I am going next week for a mouth guard...I hope it helps.
It was TMJ after all!