Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
sternocleidomastoid muscle and dizziness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

i have been experiencing dizziness once in a while and my mom thinks it could be this mucsle that is csuing it? i have very bad posture and i am on the computer all the time and hunched over?? could this be really straining my neck and casuing the dizziness? its not serve dizziness and its only when i move my neck certain ways...but when im laying down or not moving it i feeel fine?

anyone have this problem or could shed some light on it??
Seeing a tmj specialist or chiropractor is advisewd.
Hi! I've had dizziness and blurred vision for about 3 weeks now following a strange chiropractic adjustment in which she had her assistant pull on my legs while she pulled on my neck and twisted it sharply to one side. The dizziness is NOT SPINNING LIKE VERTIGO, instead it is imbalance, a feeling of unsteadiness, like I'm on a boat. I've been doing a lot of internet research and I've come across things that say the SCM and other neck muscles can cause dizziness, but this is a controversial theory that most medical doctors do not acknowledge. I wonder if some of the symptoms you are experiencing are the same as mine? Is it gone now? Can you remember your symptoms? I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with me too.