Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
swollen and painful cheek

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

swollen and painful cheek

Two days ago I started feeling some pain in my cheek more to the side of it. (its almost same place that my jaw ends) but the pain is not related to my jaw as I dont feel any pain on my jaw or teeth. today it got worse and now Its swollen and I can feel something like a bubble deep in the soft tissue. I was wondering what I need to do before going to the doctor. I think I had a slight fever today as my eyes were burning a bit. any suggestion here?

Seeing an oral surgeon is advised.
Can you move the 'bubble'?
Lymph nodes are present in your entire body, and even on your face. I have TMD, and I had to ask my doctor a few times while in, as I felt this lumpy thing in my cheek.. funny how it returns every now and then in the same place, but I can move it, and its not hard, more squishy. My doctor told me those are the two things to look for, as to not to worry about it. There are also large lymphnodes that are present where the jaw meets the neck-- the more you push on them they squish out their fluid and my disappear for a period before filling again.

Maybe its due to your body fighting some form of infection, hence your fever?
I would go see your family doctor just to make sure. If it is suspicious, they will let you know.