tmj joint reconstruction
I had a cancercous tumor removed from my right TMJ joint (right) in Oct. 2007.  I am otherwise healthy 48 year old female.  I had radiation treatments following no chemo and have been cancer free.  My doctor did a rib graft reconstruction after removing the tumor.  My only problem is my bite alignment is very offline and it is difficult to chew food.  my surgeon sent me to an maxifacial surgeon and he wants to do another surgery hip graft and realign my jaw so my bite is correct.  I'm very nervous to do this because at least I'm not in pain right now.  It is uncomfortable but not painful.  I'm afraid of facial nerve damage and more hearing loss.  My ear canal narrowed after first surgery and I do have some hearing loss.  What is your opinion?  Please send me what you think.

thanks  
You may need to see an orthodontist if orthodontic treament can correct malocclusion.
if i was you i don,t do aniything  any more if you don,t have any pain  i,m in constant pain in my ear  my teeth  my gum,s  is  almost every day a constant pain i already have 2 surgerys  a bunch of  shoots in my face a bunch a pills  i feel so tired every day they say i have tmj  othersay i have tn   other say i have like 4 things in the some time  i feel  like i ,m going crazy please  if u not in pain  don,t do anything  i really hope u feel  much better   ps   i forget  to tell u  i was using  a mouth guard  but  is broken  and is not  posible  for me to buy another one is really expensed  is been so long  since i have a day and no pain god bless u