tmj mystery
hi,i have been diagnosed with tmj,i have just been having these problems after i got my teeth cleaned. my question is, i am new to this and can someone explains some cures and advice?? mine they say is from grinding and clenching. how do you stop that and give the jaw a chance to heal? also why do people grind and clench???
They make special guards that you where at night for grinding your teeth. I to have tmj mine only bothers me while getting dental work done. And they either have to do a little bit of work and then give my jaws a break and rub them or use a bite block to take some pressure off the jaw. Or for some people muscle relaxers have helped didn't help me much though. Also doing daily excersises by pulling down on your bottom teeth and jaw to stretch out the muscles may eventually help.