Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
tmj pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

tmj pain

For years i had right jaw pain i am thinking tmj cause of bad dental work done and now i have horrible aching jaw and worst of all dull tight pressure  temple pain. This ache worrys me more than the jaw. I am hoping its from the tmj. i have never been diagnosed seems like no doctor or dentist is interested in helping but is it normal to have the dull aching pressure in the ear and up to the temple and would a antiflamatory pill work to release the tense dull pressure. Also when i wake up  the pains the worst. Does this sound like TMJ. !! I feel horrible. Where do i go to get help
Seeing a tmj specialist is advised.
This sounds like TNA,  TriGeminal Neuralgia.  Your general practitioner could help, but pray that you don't have it, it is very painful and cures are not permanent.  It is handled with "Tegretol" which helps relieve the pain