what is causing my tenderness and pain in back of head
I have been experiencing tenderness in the back of my head off and on now for the last 5 months. Just dragging my fingers along the back of my head along my sculls normal bumbs and dips is tender.

I have had this in conjunction with bronchitis this summer (rare for me.) and about a month ago I had ear and jaw pain and my ear specialist prescribed a steroid to treat TMJ issues causing the pain. I have also had relief with taking alieve.

Now the head tenderness is back, along with headaches in the last week. My jaw doesn't seem to be hurting now, but I have noticed that it is tense at times and I need to work to relax it.

I also have ear/hearing issues that stem for my middle ear bones being fused together. I had major surgery to correct that about 10 years ago. I have scars behind my ears from that, but they don't bother me any.

I am just concerned about what could be causing this tenderness. Is it related to TMJ or something else? Also I am wondering what can offer relief...besides pain medicine.
Seeing a tmj specialist is advised.