Testicular Cancer Community
Need advice/help please! Cancer? Infection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to testicular cancer.

Hey there...for the last few weeks to month I have been having a ton of lower abdominal pain...ranging from my low hip area and spreading to my lower back to mid back no higher than the ribs. I consulted with my doctor about this and he thought I could have Epididymitis or Prostatitis. The reason for these thoughts were the symptoms I told.
He prescribed me some anti-boitics, but I stopped them after 4 days because it felt like my back pain was starting to increase...making me think it was my kidneys.
Well a few days now off of them and my mid-lower back is really giving me issues and I'm still having major pelvic pains all over. Kind of a new symptom is the numbness or lack of sensation in my testicles...they were always very easy to aggravate, now they have not much feeling to them at all. Also my last few ejaculations have been very NON pleasurable and my girlfriend has also said my semen tastes totally gross compared to a month ago...and peeing hasn't been the easiest lately..got to kinda push to go sometimes...
I'm worried to death that I may have testicular cancer...or prostate cancer...what do you think?
I have had blood work done exactly 1month ago...and also a ct scan because there was blood in my urine sample so they thought i was maybe passing a kidney stone. No evidence of such was ever found and they left it at that. My blood work was fine except my liver enzphymes were elevated, but that is normal for me.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possible causes of back pain include postural issues, neuro-muscular causes such as muscle sprain, nerve impingement, injuries to muscles/ ligaments etc inflammations, fractures/ dislocations, referred pain from other regions such as kidneys etc, micronutrient deficiencies etc. The back pain may or may not be related to the GU symptoms. GU issues that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, trauma, calculi, erosions, ulcers, calculi, growths/ masses etc. I would suggest considering a detailed evaluation by an internist and a urologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!