Testicular Cancer Community
Small testicle and pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to testicular cancer.

Small testicle and pain

Over the last year or so I've noticed that one of my testicles (the right one) has gotten increasingly smaller. I would say it is now about 1/2 the size of my other testicle. I have also noticed some pain and discomfort from this testicle as well as the other testicle.

I have felt all over and do not feel any lumps or bumps on it, other than where the cords attach on the back. I am concerned this could be something that needs attention but I am embarrassed to go to the doctor over it.

Basically I'm wondering what would cause my testicle to shrink like that, and what might be causing the pain and discomfort in my testicles.
Hi there!

Decrease in the size of the testicle or testicular atrophy could occur secondary to hormonal/ endocrine imbalance, side effect of a few drugs/ medications etc. I would suggest getting this examined by a primary care physician for an evaluation initially and depending on the cause diagnosed or suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!