Testicular Cancer Community
Testicular Cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to testicular cancer.

Testicular Cancer?

I am 15 years old. Over the past few months or so I have noticed a swollen vein attached to my left testicle. I believe it is called an epididymis vein or something like that. It is much larger then the one on my right testicle. It is slightly sensitive when I touch it and sometimes I feel a discomfort, almost a "tingling". I think it may be testicular cancer, because I sometimes have short term lower back discomfort and short term chest tightness near my heart area. I am hoping someone can help me.
Hi!
In all probability the swollen or sensitive cord like thing you can feel is epididymitis or inflammation/infection of epididymis and since you do not have any pain and redness in scrotum, it is most likely to be a chronic infection. It is usually due to bacterial infection, but if you have been sexually active then it can also be due to Chlamydia.
Another possibility is beginning of varicocele or enlarged veins. Do discuss this with your doctor and get this evaluated. Treatment will depend on diagnosis. And, it is unlikely to be cancer, but yes, needs treatment. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I am a virgin, although I do masturbate. The doctor's appointment is for what I think are really bad allergies, but I'm hoping I can mention this problem too. I really appreciate your advice!