Testicular Cancer Community
Testicule problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to testicular cancer.

Testicule problem

was born with undescended testicle. when i was nine years old, i made a surgery and they locked the testicle down and every thing was ok.
i neglected my case and i was growing up normaly.
when i discovered that the right testicule is small and it is not growing up like the other one.
i still did'nt see any doctor becasue i travel alot,
from time to time i can feel pain if i touch it, is it a dead testicle ?? should i remove it with a surgery?
Hi there!

Well, it is unlikely for an undescended testis brought down later in life, to develop and function normally. Also there is increased risk of malignancy associated with the condition. Unless the condition is bilateral an orchidectomy may be a preferred option. Regular evaluation by a urologist to look for malignancy is typically suggested. I would recommend considering an evaluation by a urologist for suggestion of an appropriate management plan at this time.
Hoe this is helpful.

Take care!