painful sores on scrotum
I have painful red sores on my scrotum. They came about 2 weeks ago, and were painful and left after I applied cream. But they are back and are very painful, and sting when I take a shower. I have genital herpes from about 14 years ago. I am 38 and phyically active running and biking everyday. I haven't had a break out in months, unless, this is herpes and it is breaking out down there now. Can you help me? What should I do? I am stuck in Thailand for another year, and don't have a good doctor in the small town I'm in.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lesions. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections (STDs or non-STDs including herpes), inflammations, trauma/ erosions etc. It would be best to have this evaluated by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!