278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
A summary of what we offer as a group?
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
774 members

A summary of what we offer as a group?

What we offer is so easy and practical to do and involves sunlight--air--water---elemental tools of yoga and spirit-practices. Come join our spiritual discussion.  SAD Lights?---easy and works if ya can't get the sun!-------Pranayama--the breathing practices are easy and use primary nutrient (prana--life energy) air-------cold water showers? Well--you just hafta do it to see how well it works (thank dalubaba for that cold shiver!).  Whaddaya think. Or do ya? HA!   omhome
you know we used to do our own photosynthesis! We encapsulated our own sunlight---and lived very well on that Light--thus our first object of worship was the sun---and Light. And then for some unknown reason we decided to let plants encapsulate light for us. Big mistake! Our light-encapsulator atrophied.
    Now we get the light we need to live from animals who eat the plants and from plants etc.  Our largest organ is dedicated to catching sunlight---our skin.    
   My God---just realized that in future we will get that light from machines etc. like SAD lights!
    Oooops  gotta go----more later.  Help me out here group---add some "light" to this subject!     omhome
ok---a little more about what's up here on the couch. All of these tools--these techniques---can help you to create-build-imagine--a "home base" like as kids we had for our games---i am safe when i am at home base---i am content at my inner sanctum--my eye of the storm! We can learn so much from-----wait for it-----from------our selves--our Self--our innerGuide---and these tools help us recognize and connect with that! Yep. Really. No kidding. ya just gotta do it.

As to the yoga --- all i can say is it supplies way  more than help for the physical body and teaches  the most practical psychological tools for living inspirational lives.  And for the transformation of the pain-energy into compassion-energy. We have pain (severe often) but learn not to "suffer" so much etc. Read about it. Study. Practice--practice-practice especially for cp sufferers the breathing and meditation techniques. There are a million ways to do it. Some do running-yoga. Walking meditation. Something that will fit YOU.  Find it.  That has been my search.  Enough for now. Remember to breathe and take little mini breaks during the day. Little inner oases refreshments.    Om  

Hi!
Just thought I would stop by! I live in Arizona and I am blessed with plenty of sunshine! ..when I get out of bed to go outside and feel it..not just watch it....
...and fresh air I can breathe ..though clear air, as we know ..is not necessarily "safe" air...oh heck!
My husband's job took us to China for 7 years. We lived in chengdu, the then...1994,, second "dirtiest air" city ....in the world....,  we were told later that breathing the air  was like  smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day..and
the sun?
Spot of light in the sky...
The children couldn't see the mountains just 15 miles away even on what they considered a sunny day.
We also lived in  Uzbekistan for 8 years and there was fresh air there ..or so we hoped...Children and elders loved being playfully thrown around by freezing water out of forceful hoses. It was done for fun on hot days..but they loved their saunas followed by a jump in the freezing lake also..
I agree omhome.
..We need to blast our senses to utilize our GOD given blessings for life as humans..better quality of life at least..and teach our children how important it is...
we are living but some of us as harmful anaerobic bacteria!
while in pain..it hurts to move! And for some..to breathe!
Blessings
Regarding the SAD Lights, I was on a Chakra Web site yesterday and all the Chakras are represented with Light and White Light like the Sun Spectrum in the SAD lights helps support the health of the human and the energy centers also known as Chakras.

For light therapy to work at its best, the light must go through the eyes, directly into the eyes, the first few times I was so hungry for the light that
I sat 3 inches away from the light machine, which is unnecessary, now I sit back at a comfortable distance and do meditation with the Light on.

The experts do not know why some people are prone to winter depression, I have all open windows, no heavy blinds and get the sun from dawn until dusk but it seems to not be enough.  This is the first winter of my life that
depression and pain has lifted, not disappeared, but lifted and I am in less pain, have more motivation, feel more positive, am healthier then I have been since I was a child...

M
i think we should be hibernating during the months with little light. some do. to be a good little corporate worker drone---you have to get up and go go go. We no longer follow natural patterns in tune with sun and wind and rain and winter (rest-rejuvenate---slow down for a while-recharge) spring--plant a little energy---summer--nurture it---fall--harvest it---winter--relax and absorb it---------and our life may follow that pattern---if we choose.     om
i think we should be hibernating during the months with little light. some do. to be a good little corporate worker drone---you have to get up and go go go. We no longer follow natural patterns in tune with sun and wind and rain and winter (rest-rejuvenate---slow down for a while-recharge) spring--plant a little energy---summer--nurture it---fall--harvest it--and again-winter--relax and absorb it---------and our life may follow that pattern---if we choose.     om
You may be interested in Sun Gazing therapy. you may Google the phrase Sun gazing therapy. I had attended two days camp for Sun Gazing therapy. As I was busy with some other subject, I could not do anything about Sun gazing meditation/therapy.I do remember that they have an annul function where Sen gazing practitioner, sit in the Sun for a week without taking food. they get nourishment from the Sun. The following is written about the book on Sun Gazing.
Sun gazers from around the world will attest to the benefits the practice has given them. Keep this book handy if you are interested in using the sun’s energy to improve your health. This book is a treasure house of useful information on the benefits of sunlight.

Many sun gazers who are committed to the practice aspire toward achieving spiritual enlightenment. Others seek healing for the mind and body. Brief exposure to sunshine may help ward off debilitating and deadly diseases such as osteoporosis, hypertension, depression, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and colon cancer./
aren't there reports from India of some people actually able to live on sunlight and sunlight only. They do their own photosynthesis somehow. Good trick to know.   om om om
I had attended Sun gazing two day camp.This organization works on Sun Gazing. I could not gather its literature.And I forgot about it. I follow up in website and here as well.
About three months back, I found in website of natural news about a book (proof of Heaven). The book is written by a neurologist who was in coma for 7 days. After his full recovery he has written this book. The book appears to be quite popular and controversial. I will surf for this book and try to read if it is available at Indore.
I saw that Alvin Lee from Ten Years After passed on at age 68....in 1971 he and his band had a monster hit called " I'd Love To Change The World" and it was a number 1 song even enjoyed today.....Just came from YouTube and the song had me singing quite out loud, my kitties ran away for cover.....LOL

M
Up here in the great white north, we are near the great lakes of
Superior and Erie where the sun rarely shines to even melt the snow
or ice off the roofs...We are also subject to very low levels of Vitamin D which has its own problems such as low energy drives and cancer.

When I was a infant, and I can remember, I was put in a little baby room in my parents house but the ceiling was a huge panel of Stained Glass, like those found in churches, but my ceiling was just the colors, do not remember any figures in the glass.  The ceiling glass was actually the
roof that must have been in an alcove of the upstairs and I would lie there in my baby bed and watch the sun move across the stained glass window above me.  I remember knowing that the light would always come back to shine on me and even though I do not remember specific thinking, I remember a excitement at seeing the sun through the colors moving from East to West.

We moved when I turned 1 as a new baby was going to need a baby room, and I got a dark normal baby room with a new brother in a bed next to me, but to this day I still think of MY room with my friend the Sun shining on me...

M
I got a chance to read about the man who lived on sunshine.  It was very interesting, but the article went more into tearing apart the man and his practice then actually talking about the benefits of Sun gazing....Still looking for a well rounded article that gives pros and cons of the man and his experience, not just the cons...

M
The person who conducted the training Sun Gazing was a medico.The organization is not very well known in my area. I do remember that one can gaze the sun at sunset or sun rising in the morning for some time. And one can see sun through banana leaves. I shall try to find more details. I had purchase one book form the camp. This book talks about the teachers rather than technique of Sun Gazing.
let me see now---if i look from outside the group as an observer what i see stand out is:
     We need to get up and take a cold shower while chanting Beep Beep Beep out loud as we then go out and stare at the Sun for a while ( and that is breakfast?).   And that just starts the day.. Oh my---what could be next?  om
Yes, we try combining things we do. Sometimes I start with oil massage before i go for shower. I alternate with hot shower 3 or 4 times. The last rinse is with cold shower. Sometimes I start with rubbing the body with a wet cloth followed by just cold shower. Changing methods, give us a real interest and satisfy our curiosity for experiencing the effect. I have not missed shower for a single day, in spite of severe cold. Of course the summer has started .Our environment is similar..
yeah dalubaba---but are you chanting Beep Beep Beep?
It doesn't matter what you chant from what I have learned lately....You can even chant, poopy poopy poopy because that is just a thought, a word, a string of sounds that we don't even hear after awhile.....

When I am finishing my warm shower with a totally cold rinse, I use words that I have heard from the men I worked with, I sing them in a melody and laugh all the way through the cold shower......Very much fun....

Nice to see you tonight....

M
I have been sun gazing for about 5 years now, I always feel so much better after the sun does go down and my area where I sit is my favorite in the whole world....

I also love the 12,000 foot peaks in the Colorado Rockies for sun gazing.
I remember after being gone once for a year, and as soon as I started ascending to the top I started crying that I was home again at the top of the beautiful mountain.  The yogis or swamis are always portrayed at the top of the mountain, but its not because they have all or any answers, they are doing sun gazing.....

I am still doing the cold water rinsing, been a couple of weeks already,
and feel fine...I do admit I am having a bit of Spring Fever the past week, I just keep looking outside to see if all the snow has melted yet and so far, it hasn't......I guess I want what I want when I want it....but along with that comes non acceptance so I am working on that harder this week....

Today all the little beautiful yellow finches have found their way to my feeders and are heading north toward Canada for the summer....I sit and watch them, so tiny, so small, so strong to survive natures cold wet windy freezing weather....There is a lesson there for me.

Blessings to you Sir

M
so M---i wonder what is your Bhava while chanting in your cold shower. I am guessing it is "Fun"----because "girls(and women) just want to have fun"  
     Bhava for Beeping produces for me the "child-like joy" experienced while watching the Roadrunner (and rooting for coyote)---my consciousness becomes permeated with that.    om
I have heard people reciting slokas while bathing. It must be good. I try to concentrate on sensation of my body. I usually chant mentally when I meditate. I will try chanting loudly. I have some problem with my vocal chord. Thanks for the suggestion.
I think, we can speak or make sound while we exhale through mouth and can hum by exhaling through nostril. while inhaling you cant speak, or make sound or chant.we have to stop for a split second to inhale to continue the chant. I have also read that mental chanting is superior. This problem i encountered when I try to chant so-hum. So ' I had to do mentally and hum I had to do orally.
You may be able to explain this contradictory supposition.
yes dalubaba-------the practice can be to first chant orally and out loud---then slowly soften and quiet the chanting unrtil it becomes silent and you continue in your inner "voice" first loud and then let it slowly fade out until it disappears. You then rest silently in that space-place-bhava-------some like to allow the chant to continue on its own--no effort--just listen and absorb--and abide   abide in om---home in om----yes yes yes     omhome
When I first started chanting, i was breathless and my throat cords would tighten up causing me to cough and sputter, and then I would start over.
And over and over.

What I did realize after meditation is that I haven't fully utilized my voice, our house was chaotic and if you made no noise you might be safe and not found, so my voice apologised to my parents and became quiet.  Now I am very outspoken...Like a child with a new toy, i sometimes say the wrong thing at the right time, but am fully enjoying my voice and my chants are always heard and echoed back to me even though my kitties still run and hide...That is the great fun I have....

M
M----you Reminded (brought back to mind) me i forgot to mention------the loud chanting of Sanskrit Mantras was and is for vibrating ---massaging --nourishing--activating--the chakra system--the nadis---lots of stuff (good word--handy--for all kinds of stuff)--the spirit body and more of course---so an important practice for every day---like our showers---our sun---our love!  Omhome
Ok this all sounds good. But I've had a day with absolutely no sunshine :(
It is cold and snowy, and I've had enough of it!!
I need everyone's thoughts on this question!!

Next year I would like to go somewhere sunny for a few months of the winter. I want to eventually be a snowbird and escape with my husband for 5 months of the year. But he will be working for another 10  - 15 years, and I'm impatient and can't wait. I think I need to be brave and follow my heart and find the sunshine for my brain :)

Ok, here's the question:
Where is a cheap and cheerful place to live, that is warm and sunny?
It needs to be a place where medical marijuana is legal, and also access to a swimming pool? Close to the beach would be nice, but not necessary.
I would also like to be in a friendly community, so I don't feel lonely.

I'm looking forward to all your responses. I really think I need to do this for myself to stay sane and be healthy. I'm maybe not a sun gazer, but definitely a sun worshipper :)
Thanks, Sue
sue-----hi hon-----i might be totally out of line here------just absolutely wrong about it----the group can help with this and i trust they will-----
     It sounds like you want a "break" from your husband and that you need to "find the sunshine" not just for your brain----but for your heart as well sue.
      And a "cheap and cheerful place to live, that is warm and sunny"---well hon---that is in your own heart and spirit---the ticket to get there is your daily practice of that which will bring you that peace you seek and need---just like all your fellow group members.
     And Yes we all need the refreshment of getting away if only for a while and it can give us a new perspective. And help us with decisioons about where we want to be and how do we get thewr. And i mean an inner place----not a sunny beach somewhere warm-but a sunny place within---that home-base and how to establish it is what i am sharing here at mh. So Sue! I'm rooting for ya here----and if ya need to just go somewhere---well go.  Ya know----gottya move toward the light!    omhome
hi sueduva, read your post and we could be sisters....i love getting away to warmer climates in the winter, and as a photographer, cannot just shoot snow for 8 months out of the year....lol

I have a place in florida on the ocean and that refreshes me every time i go or meditate on that place even if i am in a 12 foot snowbank.  you can use YouTube videos of beautiful places, or collect photos on line that are beautiful and fill your screen saver with flowers, trees, birds and sandy beaches.

your hubby might just like a little break too, did you ever ask him, and maybe you and he could take one of his week vacations and do something special together...

dreaming is important..it gets us in touch with wants that are not being filled but it also points us many times to the places where we need work, need meditation, need some new direction...and then in a flash of insight we will see what we have been doing with our dreams and in most cases with me the dreams were of yesterday that was already gone and I was missing out on todays opportunities....

good luck to you, see you here soon....

M
very good reply to sueduva, you are very astute and warm in your writing....thank you

M
MYoungArHeart and Omhome:
This evening I saw a film in TV for a short while. In that a taxi driver asked his tense and worried passenger that you should go on vacation. She asks the driver, do you go on vacation?. Driver says I go on vacation 5 times a day. She exclaimed 'How it is possible? In reply driver takes out a photo from his glove-compartment, telling her that"i see this photo 5 times a day" Meaning visualizing going on vacation with his family members.This reminded me your above messages. What a coincident! This is somewhat similar to telepathic communication.
Ok guys, thank you so much for your advice.

But you really are all terrible real estate agents :)
I get it, I get it .....

I try, I really do try, to be positive and surround myself with sunshine.
I play Latin music, drink margauritas and visualize the sun beating down on me.

But I actually am serious for next winter, I'm going to find a place of respite for myself. Even if its a little camper somewhere sunny lol

I may need to ask the marijauna community, because I do need to know where I can legally bring my meds.

Until then I will do what the cab driver does, and go on vacation everyday.

We are going to get a wet snowy storm tonight, hopefully the last one. I can see my tulips popping up, they are waiting for the sunshine too!

Love you all, Sue

When I answer people in the group or personal letters, before even beginning to write i clear my mind and write what is in my heart, images i see before my eyes and sounds i hear behind my head.  oh i have written hard messages, stern messages but that usually comes from a place of my own anger over the helplessness i feel when another entity is really suffering and i know that nothing i say will change the facts....i often feel sad with other entities suffering and now know when to pull back as to not be pulled right in to the suffering also.  Mindfulness meditation keeps me on the track moving forward very much.  i do think that telepathy in many cases is just being open to the love of the universe....i could spend a whole thread on telepathy and my studies now teach me that it only means that you and i are open to the love that is available to each and everyone of us.......

Thank you

M
i think this is an amazing discussion with practical--easy---fun----Free!---techniques than can help anyone with their daily life---their daily pains---and their daily dreams and hopes of living in spirit. So wonderful that we have been able to share those "tricks" with each other. Well!  How about we copy passages we like and paste them to some of the other posts we visit---the goal being to lure them back to the couch where they can share their own experiences and read about ours? We can offer them weed and wine and love on our co----no no no no-------wellllll uhhh---yes yes yes yes---darn! Outed myself as a Tantra Yogi----but it is just us couchers.
      Let's be sure and keep this one up towards the top for those who may be surfing around for some inspiration......
      Let's make a book about our couch and us and the wine and the weed and --no no no no (conditioned judgmental voice) yes yes yes yes (spirit all inclusive voice).  And the relief we get from our pain if only while we read this really weird **** from these really weird people.    omhome
well.......this i  re-discovered on page two and i encourage you all to explore what we have posted that is now page-by-page disappearing.  We can't let some of the jewels get away. Does anyone want to prospect for gold and put those in a little (getting bigger) helpful to all Book?  Seriously.             Whaddaya think?
one more time around the wheel we go
lighting up the darkness with the spirit's glow

doncha know?

omhome
Hi omhome,

Decided to visit the Chronic Pain Couch today for a brief visit. I just
read your March 8th post. You mention SAD lights. We ( my husband
and I) purchased what was referred to as a HAPPY light in the fall.
We used it all winter. I first saw the happy light on the Verilux website.
I actually purchased it from Costco, but you can buy it from the Verilux
website. It's wonderful. I always suspected I suffered from SAD. Seasonal
Affective Disorder. After having purchased the light and using it every
day for about 20 - 30 minutes and finding it very helpful, I know I was right.
Well, I guess that's all the time I have today for sharing with this group
today. I have spent a good part of this morning trying to offer suggestions
for other Medhelp members. Good wishes to you everyone in this group.
I'll visit again tomorrow. Eve
Welcome to our couch eve and thanks for the visit. Please feel free to share with our group whatever is on your compassionate Mind (yes i have been reading up on your posts elsewhere=------part of our Cult's screening process--HA!.....enjoy in joy!    om
You know, after reading all the posts here, I had to ask myself, why do I read this daily and what does this group offer me?
Answer to first question...
I read this page because I could learn something new from people who are suffering or who need some type of response to waking up every day with pain. I read this page because someone always has something to offer, weather it is a good day or bad.
I read this page for strength from people who are worse off than myself. The list goes on but you can always learn something.
Answer to second question...
This group offers me an ear to listen, an eye to watch and an interest in people who experience things that no other person would understand. This group offers me solace in daily care and concern. If I have something to add, I can add it without fear of being rejected for my ideas or thoughts. This group offers me strength when I wake up in the morning, have my coffee and read what other offer in their daily life to just get through the day. Sometimes that is all it takes to get me going. Just a kind thought or a voice to be heard from people who want to care or be heard. I have NEVER had a negative reaction to my posts and found support from other members who are willing to listen and build strength though print and thought for the day.
I can't always comment on all that I read but do read what is offered and sometimes I may feel helpless to help but the following day, I may read something from the same person who got through the day somehow and is wiling to post a positive days results. That goes very well with my coffee and a thought for the day that thing could be worse???
i just wanted to bring madman's post above back in view-----i really like reading this whole thread.
om
madman's post reminded me about some of our group who are reading and always there but who do not  post a lot---but when they do they certainly make it count---so i just wanted to say hello  hello Hello to Sue and Cindee.
Hi sue----hi cindee    we see you! hope you are doing ok these days--check in sometime and let us know----we miss you.
om
i just got reminded of this thread and had to re-post it. I think it has some awesome posts from a big variety of folks------enjoy.

om
jedsie commented on Why You Might Have A ...
mkh9 commented on Londres70's status
mkh9 commented on photo
Sep 19