278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
20-20-20-20 eye exercise.
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
784 members

20-20-20-20 eye exercise.

The simple solution to screen fatigue: Scientists say 20 seconds of BLINKING can stop computer users getting eye strain

By Mark Prigg

PUBLISHED: 19:42 GMT, 13 March 2013 | UPDATED: 09:09 GMT, 14 March 2013

Comments (35)
    Share

Researchers have come up with a simple exercise they claim could stop computer users getting eye strain.

They say blinking 20 times in a row every 20 minutes should be combined with looking away from the screen for 20 seconds and focusing on an object 20 feet away.

The '20-20-20-20' strategy has been designed as a solution to computer vision syndrome (CVS) which affects millions of workers and games addicts.
Scientists claim blinking 20 times in a row every 20 minutes should be combined with looking away from the screen for 20 seconds and focusing on an object 20 feet away

THE 20-20-20-20 SYSTEM

The strategy is simple.

Blinking 20 times in a row every 20 minutes should be combined with looking away from the screen for 20 seconds and focusing on an object 20 feet away.

Symptoms such as dry and tired eyes, headaches and sore necks and joints are usually temporary but for many can be a daily problem that leads them to seek medical help.

Those most at risk are anyone who spends three or more hours a day in front of a computer, but it can be painful and lead to many being prescribed glasses.

But although it may look a bit odd, a regular bout of blinking could help, said researcher Dr Edward Mendelson from the Southwestern Medical Center at the University of Texas.

He said: 'Every 20 minutes the computer user should take a break for 20 seconds and look at objects that are 20 feet away.

More...

Amazon aiming to take a bite out of Apple's iPad with £229 big screen Kindle tablet
    First pictures from the £1bn 'time machine telescope' reveal faraway galaxy forming stars at 'breathtaking rate'

'And give yourself 20 good blinks - blinking is nature's way of keeping the eyes moist and those blinks help to lubricate and refresh.'

Anyone who spends long periods in front of a screen is at risk but it is often worse for workers because of the sterile and unnatural conditions in modern office blocks.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2292882/The-simple-solution-screen-fatigue-Scientists-say-20-seconds-BLINKING-stop-users-getting-eye-strain.html#ixzz2Ni2T784C
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
I have chronic dry eye problem. I used artificial eye tear drops since last 3 years. I knew about eye exercises. They look so simple that I ignored them.I just thought of trying these exercises. three months have passed. I have not used tear drops and I did not have any problems. Traditional exercise has worked for me.Rotating your eyes clockwise and anti clockwise, looking up and down, looking right and left. Looking diagonally up and down.
Now the above exercise researched by doctors.- blinking 20 times every 20 minutes at the object 20 feet away. This must be a good preventive method to keep eyes healthy. There are rare occasions, when you get right advice at the right time and for right results. This is a rare occasion for me.
as you probably know  dalubaba---every sivananda yoga class has eye exercises like you share during the classses! An important part of a practice. Think about how much we use and abuse eyes. Massage them and see! the results---stretches and a "dance" for eyes. Thank  you Dr. D.       om
Hello to you this morning....I had eye surgery 2 years ago and this was the exercise I was given by the surgeon...Even though I was told about it,
I only used it a few times, telling self I was too busy to take that 20 seconds
and rest my eyes....You have given me an excellent reminder Sir.
Thank you so much

M
hello M------the three of us at one time!!! a first for the cult. I think we all need those reminders----the one thing sivananda kept saying over and over was Remember-----Remember to Om-----Remember Who you really are---Remember your Way Home------you know---like "home base" when we were kids!  Safe there--always--all ways    om
I think, NOW is the time to make the whole universe as our home.Talk of meditation will always come in.
A good imagery for mediation;
Inhale and think that you are reeving energy from all your body parts and while exhaling return the energy to body parts. Then inhale and receive energy from your kith and kin and return the energy to them while exhaling. Now do the same with all people of the world and finally do it with the whole universe.This is exchange of energy energizing the energy.
wonderful meditation, i also meditate on receiving strength from entities stronger then myself and then releasing that energy to those that need it that i know or don't know.  

I think of you and send you blessings and peace dear friend

M
Thank you for your kind response. I learned sending energy in Reiki. In my evening prayer, I include many entities for sending energy. while I read paper, I give Reiki to the list  appeared in obituary column.This helps me to keep my mental balance, if the news are not palatable.This practice may also help in improving our  visualizing ability.Writing in this forum is also helping me to remain correct path.Thanks.
LaceyAmber13 joined this group
Welcome them!
breezytoo commented on Jade59's status
Nov 27
breezytoo Happy Thanksgiving to every... Comment
Nov 27