278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
A drug dependant reaches self realization.
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
768 members

Mr.Goenka reaches self realization by doing vipassana meditation.
Vipassana Meditation
The Technique

Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was rediscovered by Gotama Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art Of Living.

This non-sectarian technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation. Healing, not merely the curing of diseases, but the essential healing of human suffering, is its purpose.

Vipassana is a way of self-transformation through self-observation. It focuses on the deep interconnection between mind and body, which can be experienced directly by disciplined attention to the physical sensations that form the life of the body, and that continuously interconnect and condition the life of the mind. It is this observation-based, self-exploratory journey to the common root of mind and body that dissolves mental impurity, resulting in a balanced mind full of love and compassion.

The scientific laws that operate one's thoughts, feelings, judgements and sensations become clear. Through direct experience, the nature of how one grows or regresses, how one produces suffering or frees oneself from suffering is understood. Life becomes characterized by increased awareness, non-delusion, self-control and peace.
The Tradition

Since the time of Buddha, Vipassana has been handed down, to the present day, by an unbroken chain of teachers. Although Indian by descent, the current teacher in this chain, Mr. S.N. Goenka, was born and raised in Burma (Myanmar). While living there he had the good fortune to learn Vipassana from his teacher, Sayagyi U Ba Khin who was at the time a high Government official. After receiving training from his teacher for fourteen years, Mr. Goenka settled in India and began teaching Vipassana in 1969. Since then he has taught tens of thousands of people of all races and all religions in both the East and West. In 1982 he began to appoint assistant teachers to help him meet the growing demand for Vipassana courses.

dalubabaji----i believe most people can do vipassana but the name and the association it has prevents them from giving it a sincere try. If we could teach folks how to just "abide"----or to practice being in the "presence" or any of the many spiritual practices being brought to light at this time in the evolution of our species.  Hey Group!  Check this out again----if Dalubabaji (he's being promoted!) thought it worth his time (he's 108 years old ya know) to share it with us-----he doesn't type very fast----We should pay respect and read it and try it.   For some it is life-changing when they do the 10 day retreat. For most it is a daily practice they love.  Anyway----here it is again you guys.    Omhome  
I have never seen this post before or I would certainly have replied...

Vipassana, or insight meditation, is the practice of continued close attention to sensation, through which one ultimately sees the true nature of existence. It is believed to be the form of meditation practice taught by the Buddha himself, and although the specific form of the practice may vary, it is the basis of all traditions of Buddhist meditation.

Vipassana is the predominant Buddhist meditation practice in Sri Lanka and Southeast Asia.

Thank you Dalubaba.....

M
I am glad to see your posting. I was awaiting your posting in the section of hydrotherapy. I attended 2 10 day camps. The first one in 1972 was conducted by Mr. Goenka in our town. It was a residential course. we did 10 hour's mediation every day.(one session for two hours). The first two days were devoted to concentration of breathing by concetnrating only on two nostrils and witnessing the coming and going of breath. Second two days were for scanning the whole body repeatedly-mentally. third two days were for witnessing thoughts without any judgement.4th two days were for sending good will to all known and unknown living being.The last two days were doing all things at a time.Every evening Mr. Goenka used to give lecture on Budha's teachings. It was a great experience.
do you realize that it is just the three of us posting basically for the last two weeks? If not month? And i am enjoying it a lot! It seems to allow us to go deeper into the subject at hand and to get to know each other better. Maybe we should dedicate one thread for our posting---concentrate there. Some of our threads now have like 40 posts!! 50 or more! Whoa.
      What do you two think about doing that and then growing out from a consistent and helpful group?      Omhome
Yes I noticed that . and i feel that eventually this will become a treasure of tips and can be useful to many MH members. we may invite the members of community we visit. Or suggest them some of the tips published in our group.It will take some time to get known as treasure of self improvement tips.Myoung athear has tremendous potential to give tips on many areas. she is enthusiastic with great curiosity and sincerity.I am sure she will continue sharing her wisdom.
I have been looking at the 10 day meditation camps and find it all very interesting, most YouTube links list the camps in California or India or Arizona.  It is very helpful to know that you found it most satisfactory...and I thank you very much for your imput...

M
I think I am too opinionated and overbearing with my posts most of the time..When checking back on posts in the community, once I posted to a question, there were no postings back and forth with feedback or other advice and have now cut back answering questions to give other people a chance to help out.

I see here too I have been posting alot and as much as I love our topics and chat, think that most questioners want to know about how to get rid of pain with medicines, not with the more esoteric remedies that we use.

I love our 3 way chat and sharing of info, when I go to sleep at night I think of what I am going to tell the 2 of you in the morning and always go to sleep with good thoughts on my mind....

Thank you both so much

M
please don't stop or limit your posting myyoungatheart---and thank you both and let's keep it up!   om
My search in web is in reference to"what will i post for our chat." Because of this participation, past things return to us in a new form. I consider this phenomena as progress.Sharing is really energizing. A new tip; For neck pain, do eye exercises-moving eyes in clockwise and anticlockwise round, Look up and down, lock right and left. Move eyes up and down in a diagonal direction. and finally rubbing our palms to get them warn and palming the eyes. This will useful to computer users as well.Eye movement to treat neck pain indirectly.
nursegirl6572 commented on JGF25's status
26 mins ago
againnot commented on Feeling sad desperate...
Kikster24 commented on Why You Might Have A ...
Jul 30