278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Always in pain
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can read up on the latest information on chronic pain, tell your story, post any information you'd like to relay, or just come to simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post is heard, we always hear and respond...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage to cope with our pain from day to day! Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
746 members

Always in pain

I suffer from MS, Fibromyalgia, and several other medical conditions. I have been under the care of a pain management MD. for 8 years now and doing fairly good on all the pain meds prescribed until  recently when I had a huge fight with my husband and he told me "why don't you just kill your self. Stupidly and just to try to scare him t took 10-12 10/325 mg. of my percocet that my MD prescribes for my break through pain. (knowing that after being on pain meds for 15 years this wasn't enough to kill myself, but hopefully enough to scare him, which it didn't) Stupidly on my next visit to my pain mgmt. visit, I mentioned this to my PA (whom I am very close and feel comfortable with) Unfortunately she reported this to the doctor, and they did all but take all of my pain meds away, thinking I was trying to commit suicide. Now I am in more pain then I have been in for 10 years. Another PA at the office suggest I do Yoga to reduce my pain. This seams ridiculous to me since I can't lift my arms above my head, nor can barely  bend my legs. ( I have been walking with a walker or cane for the past ten years) Since then they have re-prescribed some of my meds, but nothing for my break through pain. I was living an almost normal life finally after 20 years of figuring out what combo. of meds could get me through the day without being in beyond horrible  pain. After 5 months they finally have me on enough meds to be able to get out of bed, but that's about it.My husband has no sympathy for me saying it's my fault for telling the doctor what I did ( I guess he's sorta right), but what can I do? I know I will never be pain free again for the rest of my life, but I need to have some type of life back. I am 53 years old and am ready to give up the idea of ever feeling "normal" again. Anyone have any suggestions? I just want to be able to feel the way I did 6 months ago.
hello and welcome nana. Help is on the way from our group i am sure! You might like to read thru the awesome posts these last few months---they will bring you up to date where we are at as a group right now.  OK---more later--gotta run  (well walk slowly)   it will get better-----omhome
hi nana and i am hoping you are still there. Why dontcha post and just say hi. OK?   omhome
TristenAsz commented on Why You Might Have A ...
Emily_MHModerator commented on Why You Might Have A ...
Cathiecats commented on Why You Might Have A ...