Ancient Exercise-Rope skipping

The effort it takes to jump rope for 10 minutes is the equivalent of running a mile in eight minutes.
    One hour of rope skipping will burn 1,300 calories
    According to the British Rope Skipping Association, 10 minutes of skipping can have the same health benefits as a 45-minute run.
    Skipping is a full body workout which uses your abdominals to stabilise the body, legs for jumping, shoulders and arms for turning the rope.
  12
  Skipping is less jolting on your joints than running.
    Once you've bought your rope, skipping is a zero-cost workout.
    Skipping helps to improve heart rate and blood pressure.
    It's a good workout for all fitness levels as you  can do it at a pace that suits you.
    Skipping regularly improves flexibility.
    It also aids your coordination and balance.
    A regular skipping session improves muscle tone in both the lower and upper body.
    Skipping is a weight bearing exercise so can help in improving bone density, thus helping stave off osteoporosis.
It is preventive for many ailments. It is fun.
ok everybody--a little gallows humor here---don't get mad at me---just for funny!~!
    So i was trying to imagine a group of us skipping rope in wheelchairs! HA! Put it on you-tube---=-any "trick" videographers out there?  om
A prisoner, tied down in a cage,could not move an inch. To keep himself fit, he evolved out a number of exercise and started doing it mentally. When he could free himself, he was in a good shape to fight against his opponent.Of course he was the hero of a novel.Fantasizing skipping a rope is not that difficult.
I know we can't do every thing we read. However, reading some good devices, keep us in a steady momentum of progress and self healing.A visitor from other groups may take the advantage of this reminder.I know it is quite far fetched. However let us take a chance.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Chefs Tired of hurting. Tired of ... Comment
specialmom commented on Saw the babies again ...
Jul 27
ChitChatNine commented on ChitChatNine's status
Jul 15