278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Ancient Exercise-Rope skipping
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
774 members

Ancient Exercise-Rope skipping

The effort it takes to jump rope for 10 minutes is the equivalent of running a mile in eight minutes.
    One hour of rope skipping will burn 1,300 calories
    According to the British Rope Skipping Association, 10 minutes of skipping can have the same health benefits as a 45-minute run.
    Skipping is a full body workout which uses your abdominals to stabilise the body, legs for jumping, shoulders and arms for turning the rope.
  12
  Skipping is less jolting on your joints than running.
    Once you've bought your rope, skipping is a zero-cost workout.
    Skipping helps to improve heart rate and blood pressure.
    It's a good workout for all fitness levels as you  can do it at a pace that suits you.
    Skipping regularly improves flexibility.
    It also aids your coordination and balance.
    A regular skipping session improves muscle tone in both the lower and upper body.
    Skipping is a weight bearing exercise so can help in improving bone density, thus helping stave off osteoporosis.
It is preventive for many ailments. It is fun.
ok everybody--a little gallows humor here---don't get mad at me---just for funny!~!
    So i was trying to imagine a group of us skipping rope in wheelchairs! HA! Put it on you-tube---=-any "trick" videographers out there?  om
A prisoner, tied down in a cage,could not move an inch. To keep himself fit, he evolved out a number of exercise and started doing it mentally. When he could free himself, he was in a good shape to fight against his opponent.Of course he was the hero of a novel.Fantasizing skipping a rope is not that difficult.
I know we can't do every thing we read. However, reading some good devices, keep us in a steady momentum of progress and self healing.A visitor from other groups may take the advantage of this reminder.I know it is quite far fetched. However let us take a chance.
mkh9 commented on Londres70's status
28 mins ago
mkh9 commented on photo
nursegirl6572 commented on Derealization and Dep...
Sep 18