278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Antidepressants and chronic pain.
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can read up on the latest information on chronic pain, tell your story, post any information you'd like to relay, or just come to simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post is heard, we always hear and respond...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage to cope with our pain from day to day! Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
747 members

Antidepressants and chronic pain.

How do they act on chronic pain? I'm on Effexor-XR (an SNRI; now up to 450mg/day), my first AD, as of fairly recent and I've had improvement in my perception of pain caused by an eight-year-old severe dry-eye condition (MGD). I'm wondering, is it masking the real pain or reducing the accumulated er, neuropathic (?) / extra chronic pain?
1 Comment
  They increase the neurotransmitters in the spinal cord to reduce pain, but it could take awhile so be patient and you should see a difference. You may need more than that but you won't have to rely on only narcotics which you end up building a tolerance to and have to take more. I really believe in antidepressants for chronic pain, for me anyway, everyone is different. Good luck with it! =)
suzannez222 commented on day 10 off Methodone ...
Pukad347 human Comment
Pukad347 joined this group
Welcome them!