278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Any Plans for Memorial Day?
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
817 members

Any Plans for Memorial Day?

Just curious what members of the group may be planning for Memorial Day Week-end. We haven't any concrete plans. We're blessed that there are a multitude of choices in this area.... not so blessed that my pain keeps us from doing anything too physical. My endurance isn't the greatest these days either. ....Still I refuse to let life totally pass me by!

We live close to a small town called Apalachicola. It boost the title of the "Oyster Capitol of the World". We are able to get fresh, plump, juicy oysters most any where along this coast as we live so very close to Apalach.... however they seem to taste better there. LOL  Yumm! Yumm! So Apalach is on my agenda this weekend and of course Shelling.

We also live close to three Air Force bases so we will honor our Service men and women.

What are your plans?

Your Friend in Pain,
~Tuck
The holidays are starting so #1 BE CAREFUL and watch your driving.

I have no plans for Memorial day except to read what others are doing. Weather here rainy and just not in the mood to get wet but I agree with Tuck when he says: .Still I refuse to let life totally pass me by!
Now that is how we all survive good days or bad!
Good luck to all and enjoy but be safe!
Come have some Oysters with me MadMan!

I sure wish!!
Oysters I cannot tolerate. Too slimy for me. Yuk.

We are laying low this weekend. It has rained all day yesterday and so far most of the day today, Monday.

I'm battling some health issues at the moment. My Muscles and Joints are extremely painful as well as the headaches. Head and legs are sore to the touch and it's been awful trying to sleep at night. It literally hurts to lay on either side, hips mostly  and my legs, heels and shoulders throb. Horrible headaches which I've been taking Rizatriptan just to get them to calm down. I did see the Doctor last Tuesday and My sed rate was 69. The Doctor re-tested my sed rate after I week of taking Prednisone and it dropped to 45 which is still high. I see her again on Tuesday.  
The weird thing is that the more I do, the worse the pain gets and it's not from laying around too much. The prednisone made me feel so much better. I really need some more of that. Complain, complain, complain...

Molly :)
BTW Tuck,

While we were in Gulf Shores, my Brother-In-Law who also was visiting from Wisconsin took us to Elgin Air Force Base. It was amazing !!

He was in Special Operations for 25+ years and is now retired. A jet Fighter flew maybe 20 ft. over our heads. The rumble shifted your stomach.

Have you been there?

Molly
mkh9 Finally cooler in San Diego! Comment
Kirstie_MHModerator joined this group
Welcome them!
Smellycat100 commented on Why You Might Have A ...