278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Anyone else had enough?
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
770 members

Anyone else had enough?

I am at a point where I am not sure what exactly to do... I started working full time again. So that means sitting in a chair for 8-9 hours a day.  I am miserable! I can't function. I feel like I am coming out of my skin.  My facet joints are so inflamed that you can see them bulge from my back! I didn't realize how good I felt until I started sitting for this long.  Even getting up and walking is not helping.  I know I need a new chair and I know the American Disabilities Act says my employer has to provide a chair for me but the thing is that I work for an agency, so who provides the chair? Who is responsible? And should I ask for one even though I have only been here about 2 weeks.  Something has got to happen! Either I have to go back to part time or go on disability.  My insurance starts next Monday, so I plan to go to my pain doctor and ask him to up my MsContin.  He wants me to come down to a lower dose, so I don't know what he is going to say.  And no more injections, I refuse... the last one set me back 6 months... thats a whole different story... I cannot believe I have built a tolerance up to the MsContin in only a few months... I take 60mg every 8hrs but its just NOT working! Any advice?
Wow, I'm really sorry that going back to work full time has brought on such pain. You REALLY need to talk to your HR department about protocol for getting a chair ASAP. Do you know what kind of chair would be best for you? I have a kneeler chair that is great for me, but I don't have back problems.

Good luck and keep us posted!

~Dame
I know you said no more injections, but have you tried the facet ablation?  Man, that one gave me so much relief for several months!  He did 5 levels on both sides.  Ahhhh.

It flared them up for about 3-4 weeks, then they were just dead for several months.

I think Ms contin just doesn't do much for me either.  I'm going to ask my doc to put me back on the fentanyl patch.  Have you ever tried that?

Sorry you have to work full time.  Not that you know me, but one more person being bummed for you can't hurt, right?
I think that your employer is responsible for getting you a chair that will ease the stress of sitting. Sit down with your employer and have a chat. I'm sorry that going back to work has not been good for you. Have you thought about Disability? I finally had to do it. I drove school bus for 12 years and the pain became so bad that I just couldn't do it anymore.
My heart goes out to you.
My best,
Molly
breezytoo How do you deal with tarter... Comment
1 hr ago
nursegirl6572 Don't let people pull you i... Comment
Kermit the Hermit One good thing about music,... Comment