278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Article in NYT TIMES
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
788 members

Article in NYT TIMES

This article explains how and why people become suicidal with the drugs the doctors give them non stop. This is my reply to the NEW YORK TIMES about this issue....

I have a history of DJD/DDD and all I ever get is pain medication. Most doctors just feel sorry for me and hit the prescription pad. I was on all the drugs with little effect including Fentanyl patch 50mcg. When I realized my weight went down to 108lbs from 145lbs, I quite cold turkey. Went to see a new pain-management doctor (when the staff keep rotating) and she told me I could not get any more steroid shots till December (one month away) because she said I had my quota for the year and she prescribed morphine with a back up pain relief. One month later I had two procedures done and she still refilled the morphine (which is in my closet). That will be the last time I see her. There are other procedures out there that doctors can do to help the patient with pain and I plan on finding that doctor. I have been to them all and all they do is pull out the prescription pad for another drug. I am tired of being doped up all my life. This is not a quality of life but a means to an end and so easily IF I WANTED!  Stop doping me up and learn to do you jobs! Pills don't work on the pain, only the minds perception to pain and certainly not on the nerves affected. Read up on what the drugs do. Educate yourself and maybe you can educate a doctor who will listen?
specialmom Wishing someone would come... Comment
barryp1 commented on Why You Might Have A ...
specialmom commented on skepticalpeach's status