278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Broken ankle?
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
806 members

Broken ankle?

I find out today if I broke my ankle.  When I twisted it yesterday it snapped.  I haven't been able to bare any weight on it since. Hubby is diving me in to habe it x-rayed.  I'm a bit bummed, but this will heal!

I've been up all night since it hurts so bad!
It's broken and it hurts.  Not much was given for treatment other then an air cast and rest.  I suppose being a pain patient has its drawbacks.  My reg doc is on vacation for 2 more weeks.
So sorry. I used to jog. Loved it, but always had little injuries, sprains, stress fractures, broke ankle once. I remember that it looked a bit like a ham.

Ice, ice, ice. It was the only thing that took away my ankle pain.
A piece of the fibula has broken off and pulling on the soft tissue along with a fracture of the fibula.  I imagine that piece that partially broke away will dissolve or grow more bone to my ankle.  It better not cause future problems where I need surgery.  
So sorry to hear this RunningMom,  I guess the timing of this is a bummer as well. Now that it's starting to get nice out and wanting to be on the go like I know you,  do puts a damper on certain things.

Well you have the right attitude, it will heal.

My best,
Molly
I went to an ortho doctor.  I have a cast on and I recieved a lot better care and all my answers were answered!  I'm really happy with my new ortho doc even if I need surgery on my foot soon, depending on how my foot heals.
Please tell me about needing Surgery on your foot. Foot pain can be the absolute worst. My Mother-in-law has had her foot operated on a couple of years ago (not sure what kind though) and her foot pain is not much better then it was previous to surgery.

I guess it runs in the family as my sister-in-Law also has problems with her feet.

My best,
Molly
now I found your original message on breaking your foot...Just had to dig a little for it.  

So glad you found a good ortho doctor.  As a former runner and skiier
I have very good memories of broken legs, ankles and feet.  

What I was told by my ortho man this January is that a bone needs a full 8 weeks to heal completely.  Add time to that if you have bad bones or are unable to rehab successfully...

Wishing you the very best and you'll be great by mid summer.....

M
I know we're all different, but let me give you some hope.

I suffered a "bad sprain" as diagnosed by the Kaiser doctor. A week after the injury, I x-rayed my own ankle, and found the bone chip (nice to have your own equipment at times.)

I was perhaps 40 years at the time, also an avid jogger, and while it required 6 months with plenty of soft-tissue work, my ankle healed completely.Within a year, I was back to running my 10 miles through the desert.

Without sounding like Dalubaba, feeling hopeful about your ankle outcome, using your mind to heal, imagining strong ligaments attaching to bone, and you'll heal. When you're ready (3-4 months), find a good -- real good -- massage tech to work on the ankle. It's painful at first, but the increased blood flow, pushing fluids out of interstitial space, etc. greatly helps healing.

Arnica infusion (in oil), and homeopathic arnica works like magic to reduce bruising.

I trust ligaments to find bones. I've saved horses with ankle breaks and strains whose owners would have put down by compression and special casting, creating a kind of walking boot for a horse.

You're going to be fine.
Thank you all.  I fully agree that this will heal 100%.  I'm doing things right and staying off my foot as much as possible.  I'll be back walking ASAP.  I know I need to let the bone and ligaments heal.  I had a ligament injury before and it never healed properly, due to my fault of not going to the doc. I was going to have reconstructive surgery, but I ended up becoming a runner at that time and it completely healed from running.  I just needed to build up the muscle.  That really took a long time to heal.

I will try to avoid surgery at all cost!  The fracture that chipped off is still attached.  The bone will grow and fill in I guess.  I just hope it heals properly, the bone and ligaments.  I'll be going to physical therapy and get the okay before I start walking outside on it.  This time it will heal faster, especially now that I'm more careful about how I take care of my body. :)
Tuckamore commented on MollyGray's status
Tuckamore commented on Death with Dignity Ac...
May 21
breezytoo US Senate to pass Death wit... Comment
May 21