Chronic Neck, Forehead and Sinus Pressure, Depression?
Hello, i'm only 22 years old male and for about 4 months ive been suffering from chronic tight neck with spasms and it radiates to my forehead and sinus... It,s like when i lay on my back i feel the pressure on my nose... I passed a CT scan and neck x-rays and tey said everything was ok... I'm seeing a chiro for about 2 months maybe more 3 times a week. he says all my pain was due to upper cervical straighten up... but i see no improvement only i think its gettin worse...

My mom got cancer about 4 months ago ( lung and brain ) its a malignant one so they say she won't live long... Could my symptoms be related to this event? Am i suffering from depression? All i know is when i heard about the new it didnt affected me like it would normally do... i kinda rejected it and told to my mom to fight... Then 2 weeks after the new i had those symptoms to start.. doctor thought it was a neuralgia... I always been strong mentaly and i know im not imagining the pain and i started havin panic attack and anxiety due to my medical condition.. now that its been 4 months i think i will never be normal again and i'm really afraid...

One of my friend says it can be a depression but i think the depression is more related to my medical condition and chronic pain mixed up with my mom since i was ok when i had no symptoms... now that its been like this for 4 months its now that i am being affected mentally and feelin the depression inside of me and cryin more often for no reason ( not even thinkin at my mom and i cry )

Can someone explain if theres a pathology to my condition ( tight neck , forehead and sinus pressure , i can trigger the sinus pressure by pression on some spots in my neck and also have upper teeth ache , i have one broken upper tooth too ) if theres no serious medical cause can this be all in my head?

Please help me understand i'm almost afraid to die from an infection of my nervous system or something....Should i take some anti-biotic jus in case or should i ask for some anti-depressants.. I tried to some Brozamepam and Ativan to help with the panic attack and axiety but i dont want to be addicted to it and suffer from withdrawal syndrome. ( i didnt have a prescription for those ... ) All i know is that i need to find a familly doctor since i dont have one and all i have is a chiro and i went to the emergency 2 times this summer to be told that basicly it was stress or that i was crazy... but they didnt try much to understand has i didnt have any sinus x-ray nor MRI.. I'm askin my chiro for an MRI jus in case... I'm 22 years old c'mon i can't live like this i feel like an old man...
Hello M4YOU and welcome to the Couch.

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom and the suffering you're going through. You have asked some serious questions and unfortunately this group is not designed for trying to diagnose your symptoms. However we will always be here for the emotional side of things.

I do feel that some of these symptoms can be related to stress and depression. Stress and depression can actually make you sick and the quicker you get that under control, the better off you'll be. Please make an appt. to talk with a qualified therapist. For most people family crisis can and is hard to get through.

You should NOT take an antibiotic just in case your sick. You must leave that to the Doctors. You never know what a drug can do to you that is not prescribed for you.

My suggestion would be to visit the Expert forums here on MedHelp. Go to the top of the page and click on forums. On the forum page you will find the expert forums on the right hand side of the page. I'm thinking the "Undiagnosed " forum would be best for you.

I am here anytime you want to chat about life in general...Always!! Please stick around and visit often. This group is designed to help you cope!

Warmest regards,
Mollyrae
Hi M4You,

Welcome to the Pain Couch. I am so sorry to hear about your pain and your mother's illness. My father is also terminal and I can relate to your grief.

I think your symptoms could be related to depression and stress as long as all your test have been negative. What is your PCP telling you?

Mollyrae has offered you some good suggestions. Try the Undiagnosed Forum or some of the Physician/Expert Forums. They are best at responding to specific medical questions.

Best of luck to you. Please feel free to chat with us again.

Take Care,
Tuck
Thanks for your support and sugestions!
Hi M4YOU=

I too have the type of neck  spasms/pain that start at the back of my neck and radiate into my eyes.  Various Dr.s have called this a "classic neck headache", as a result of a serious neck injury 5 yrs. ago.  

I take Norco and various different muscle relaxants on a daily basis.

I started accupuncture a couple of weeks ago.  This and massage has helped very much.  I also soak in a hot tub every night before bed.  When I was first injured, I had physical therapy.  This included ultra-sound and exercises.  I also used a TENS Unit.  

I would talk to your Dr. about treatment focused specifically related to your neck spasms.  You may want to go to a Pain Management Dr., who is familar with your type of pain pattern.

You could have soft tissue damage that would not show up on xrays, MRIs, etc.

There is much documentation that chronic pain can lead to depression.  

Good luck and I hope you find treatment that works for you.

When you have chronic pain for a long time it is quite common for the pain to be the cause of depression, but you have stress as well.  Stress is a common source for causing weak areas of your body to break down.  Acupuncture is good, osteopathy is good.  Have you considered an allergy as stress can set off allergies.  I have lived for 17 years with these problems, including the sadness of your mum.  Don't do this alone, you need a support person to help.  Counselling would be a good start.  Accept you can't do this alone. Try to help your stress with meditation or relaxation with yoga or such things. You have made the first major step by talking about it.  I wish you all the luck as you take one day at a time.
Yeah i'm trying everything to get better. I went to a chiro for 2 month 3 times a week since he thought my upper cervical was the problem but i think the problem was his wallet...  I stoped smoking, started doing physical activities ( i go to the gym now ), i started eating better ( really better like i do really care now and i need my fruits and vegetables every day ). Well i guess all this happening to me have some good sides lol

After i have done more negative tests i see real specialists i will maybe start to accept it's all stress related but when you never been stressed or anxious in the past it's really hard to accept and it makes you think you are seriously ill...

Anyway thanks for your support it makes me feel a bit better =)
Hey M4you,

Please don't let us or any one tell you that your symptoms are all stress related. I'm sorry if my response lead you to beleive that there is nothing medically wrong with you.

You should not ignore your symptoms. Have you seen am allergist or an ENT specialist?  Have you had a CT of your sinuses? If not there are still tests and physicians to see.

I have a multiple allergies that my sinuses and nose react to. I had sinus surgery some years ago that provided some relief. I have contact rhinitis and allergic rhinitis. According to the specialists they are two different things. I get facial and forehead pain and pressure and a feeling that it is on fire. Those symptoms are not in my head, excuse the pun. I have a medical reason for them. You may also.

This is not to say that stress does not add to pain, it does. And stress alone can produce vague aches and pains and a feeling of general malaise.  If you beleive your pain is real do not stop searching for answers.

Good luck to you. Feel free to post again.
Tuck
Yeah i beleive it's really but i know it's the muscles in the back of my head that are causing the pressure and/or pain in the forehead and sinus area. I can actually trigger the pain by pressing againts those muscles, especially those where my skull meets my neck... I will definitly go see a ENT jus to make sure tho. And maybe some physical therapy will be good for me if it's a injury... I know 1 year ago my friend ( who is double my weight ) rolled on me and passed on my back to make my chin touch my chest, i lost breath on the moment but after that i was fine... Maybe it can take a while to devlop symptoms, and maybe i jus caused damage or worsen it by overusing my laptop and piano for 1 year...

If only i wasn't rejected from the emergency care twice this summer... Basicly they said it's all in your head. I wanna find a real good doctor but i don't know where to start, maybe trying to find a family doctor would be a good start.

Tell me what you think....
Hi M4Y0U:

I agree with Tuck...You may need to see an ENT specialist. They can decide whether or not it's stress related or not. Please make an appt. to see one. Put you mind at rest. When you feel pain or the body is uncomfortable...it's the bodys way of telling you that something is wrong. Don't ignore it. Please take care friend,
Molly
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
LiliaMC is devastated by last night... Comment
LiliaMC commented on Clifford47's status
May 24
specialmom commented on MH Community Mgr's status
May 23