278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Chronic migraines interstitial cystitis neuropathy fibromyalgia arthri...
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
788 members

Chronic migraines interstitial cystitis neuropathy fibromyalgia arthritis

It seems there isn't an area of my body not tormented with pain. Everyday head neck shoulders upper back lower back/ kidney area, bladder. Bad days add hips knees fingertips to elbows, toes to calves. Not a whole lot left out. Add agoraphobia ( genetic) induced from 4 yrs trapped inside in a dark room. Not one of my illnesses is life threatening, well I suppose I could have an aneurysm.. But let's get real. Any 1 of these things ALONE I could cope easy. I'm the lady who had all 3 boys naturally no drugs except some topical lidocaine when they stitched me up. Who pops her own knee back in place w/o any yelling when it dislocates. I was tough. Now I'm 36, no longer the dancers long lean body and severely proud posture and poise. Just a woman gaining weight in the midsection with a husband who tends to wonder out loud what happened to the woman he married. So, the question.. All my conditions are chronic, uncurable, mostly unresponsive to treatment...so besides anti depressants, therapy, meditation,breathing techniques, benzodiazepines, opioids, prayer, when all these things are tried and failed and your just left with yourself what do you do to make it bearable or maybe a little better? When you wake up and tears come to your eyes because of the never relenting pain and NO ONE except people you pay wants to hear a word about it, what do you do, really? How many of you relate do any of you have an answer?
I have all the fore mentioned items you stated and I just get more meds and no help with a cure or to slow or to stop all the discomfort! I get to my wits end at times and can not stand it, but I search in my soul to find internal comfort! I am the only one that knows what it feels like but you are on same page.  
Our stories could be the same.  I've always prided myself about my ability to handle pain, stress, adversity, etc. and carry on.  After a horrific car accident...a head on on the Interstate with critical injuries, I rapidly developed PTSD & Fibromyalgia.  I had NO idea what it was.  After 4 yrs. I recovered from the physical injuries....although the osteoarthritis &fibro plague me daily, so my life has changed forever.  My husband has said the exact same words to me and I've even said them to myself.  After almost 20 yrs. I've learned that it's just a hand I've been dealt.  I've learned to pace myself better and to accept what I can no longer do, but do what I can.  I still have a pity party now and then, but when I do....I think of all my blessings and what I have that many others don't.  I'm grateful that God let me live through that accident.  The man that hit me wasn't so lucky.  One day I was bemoaning my fate and a friend asked me who I'd like to trade places with, that I knew.  My honest answer had to be no one....because in spite of my problems, they were mine and I was familiar with them and didn't want someone else's problems.  The BIGGEST help has been thoughts of my blessings....I didn't lose my legs in the accident, I'm still able to be a mother to my 3 kids & a wife to my  husband.  I'm still able to care for my Down Syndrome brother who is now 57 yrs. old.  I have food on the table and a roof over my head.  I'm diabetic but I don't have cancer.....start practicing counting your blessings, not your woes and I bet you'll begin to feel better.  On the days you don't....be gentle with yourself and rest, knowing that tomorrow will be better.  
Counting our blessings is the right way to lead our life.change if you can, Accept if unchangeable and Relax.CAR is suggested by a wise man.My mother has some incapacitating issues thought her life. However when our we children faced some problem, she was always alert and she did help to solve our issues. Wish you best of luck.
Welcome Ellemma, 1Vet and Texsheva.  I am glad that you shared your stories with the group.

I don't have the answers for your pain, I can only offer support. I realize just how difficult it is to wake up every morning to the same ole cr*p you went to bed with. Day in and day out.. rarely do we have a good day.

It is so important to take you're mind to a good place on those bad days. As one mentioned, meditation is a good technique to practice, but there are other ways to take your mind off of the daily grind. As mentioned in one of the threads here on the Couch, music, mind games, crafts, pets or even writing a letter that you'll never send are good ways to distract your mind from the pain and suffering. I have used all of them with success.

With the rising technology of today, I often wonder when the mad scientists will find a solution for chronic pain that debilitates so many people. A day when there are no more pills to take, no more therapies needed ect...

Hearing peoples stories of their relentless chronic illnesses makes me stay on top of the newest treatments available. At this point, there is no new news to pass on.

Ellemma: I'm very curious as to why you were in a dark room for 4 years? I'm hoping you will share that with us.

1Vet:  Hang in there, one day we might have a cure for chronic pain!

Texsheva: I am plagued with Fibro and osteo myself and it can be a son of a gun to deal with. I am proud of you for being able to get that dinner on the table, take care of your kids and be a wife. Bravo to you.

Take care all and please note that you can contact me anytime with trying to deal with your situations.

My best,
Mollyrae
I just realized that this is an old thread. I hope it reaches out to the members involved.
Usually we do not see the date of the message and answer the old question.Even though MH puts a of an hour glass near the message if the post is older than 6 months. This is symbol is stamped in the group page.However, sometimes old message can be more fruitful if it includes some method for chronic pain.
meegWpaw commented on photo
specialmom commented on photo
specialmom commented on specialmom's status