278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Could back issues trigger fibro pain
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
768 members

Could back issues trigger fibro pain

It seems that I have pain everywhere since my back surgery.  It radiates both arms and shoulders.  Lower back, legs, calves, and feet.  Neck and head.  I try to target a specific area and I can't seem to focus on one it just hurts all over.  could this be fibromyalgia???  Not sure on the spelling but the pain gets worse depending on how I eat and what I have done for the day.  Migraines are twice a week like clockwork and my whole world stops for at least 4-hours and leaves me with a day of being in a fog just yucky.  The only thing that doesn't hurt is my stomach and face.  Is this odd?  Has anyone else had these type of symptoms.  Its been 5-months since my surgery and I feel worse now than I did before...
Personal opinion. I'd give it a few thoughts. Like a possible surgery complication. Since any nerve damage near the spine could trigger that sort of havoc.

As for you having Fibromyalgia, I'd see a rheumatologist. They can give you a more accurate idea by doing pinpoint trigger tests and whatnot.  I have similar symptoms to what you described and i do indeed have fibro. It seems to present different for everyone, but all over pain is the pretty common discerning factor.

The only thing im not really sure about is how you said it depends on how you eat. Ive never had that issue, but like i said, it can be different for everyone.

Best advice i can give is to talk to your DR, and then if necessary, go to a rheumatologist for a confirmation about the possibility of fibromyalgia.  
It could be fibro.  One of the possible causes of fibro is severe physical trauma and the surgery could have registered as such on your body.  Your symptoms are pretty consistent with the criteria, and a lot of fibro sufferers do notice that what they eat directly affects how they feel, as well as when they overextend themselves physically.  I second MissVera in the advice to see a rheumatologist for further evaluation.
With proper diet and the right medication, you should be able to feel better!
Good luck and let us know how it goes!
againnot commented on Feeling sad desperate...
Kikster24 commented on Why You Might Have A ...
breezytoo Pneumonia/Sepis/Hosp stay Comment
Jul 30