278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Degenative Joint/disk disease
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
775 members

Degenative Joint/disk disease

8184606?1343486165
Does anyone have any information about this disease that can be helpful. I am not interested in the drugs to treat this pain but what have others done in the treatment of this disease. I have had 5 surgeries to continually correct the damage this disease does and also had metal implanted in my back but had to have it taken out 5 years later due to nerve pressure from the metal. I have a surgeon and a pain management team but have to wait over a month for an appointment. Just got off the Fentanyl patch over a month now and want to know what others are doing about this disease.
Appreciate any positive input
I wish I had the answer.  I can;t take pain pills--they make me sick,  I suffer horribly.  I am afraid of a surgery and they give you like a 20% chance it will even work,  I have tons of other health issues.also.  Can't walk,  It is hard,

I had the epidural shots, they didn;t do much.  Very expensive, even with insurance,

I keep going and trying.  I just pray--I will pray for you.   Do you have neck pain also?  That's the worst.

You sound like a strong person--God bless.
Went to see a doctor yesterday because a spinal cord stimulator was recommended by my doctor but this doctor says I don't need one. They are going to re =evaluate my case and make recommendations. Will see aht they come up with...?
Well here is the latest...
Went to see my pain management doctor and was hoping for a steroid shot for pain control. She explained to me that I had my limit for the year and I could not get any more shots until Dec. Imagine my shock when I did not realize this. What they recommended was pain medication (Morphine and Norco) for one more month before I get the pain shot and then I will still have to be tested for the spinal cord stimulator. I can deal with the spinal cord stimulator because it seems I have no choice but to be doped up on medication when I just got off the Fentanly patch in June. Well I am taking the morphine as prescribed but very upset that they have to dope me up again. That is not what I wanted. I know a shot will calm down this hip pain (I just had a nerve block but the pain issues seems to be in a different muscle group). Yesterday I forgot to take the morphine (I got my times mixed up) and when the pain woke me up at 3:30am, I had no idea of what pain level I was at until I realized the morphine was missing. Won't do that again!
I am just annoyed that they have to dope me up until they can give me the shot in Dec. Hoping not to go through any withdrawal. Just annoyed and sounding off, thank for listening.
yeah i hear that! the whole damn thing is annoying. Why we as mature and responsible adults (adults!) are treated in the way we are treated by so many in the medical profession is effing Annoying. VERY!   om   don
sorry that was not positive but i have it too and the only positive i can come up with after all these years is that the progression is fairly slow (if that is a positive?). And dealing with it produces strong compassionate people like you MadMan.        om       yogadon
It is hell getting older and I refuse to do it any more!
They say age is a stated of mind, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter...well I disagree with this statement and don't like this feeling of getting older. It makes me feel like I have no choice and I refuse to give in to 'maturity'!
well i just had this great fantasy day-dreamy thing i will share with you guys and don't worry i am not planning on doing it this week ok?
      you had to see the end of thelma and louise to understand the "good feeling" part of this.
    OK   so a few of us tired of the pain meet in vegas and max out our credit cards until we have just enough to rent the most luxurious convertible they have----i doubt we could rent T and L's car (a copy of it)  but a convertible.
      And then at 120mph we will attempt to jump the Grand Canyon---or some such place----and we will all fly away.     The fantasy of it feels good--i just wonder about the reality as we are in mid-air----oh baby!!!~! or   Ooops!
      So there is my share for the day.   Om   yogadon
And they call me 'the mad man'.....
I've done para-sailing which I hope to do again, love the water and maybe scuba diving but at present, just walking is an accomplishment to me. Still working through some pain but these are muscles I have not used in years so that is the reason why but YES I have dreams to accomplish and by summer I expect to accomplish them.
honey156 commented on photo
honey156 commented on photo
honey156 commented on photo