278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Dropped through cracks and stomped!
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
788 members

Dropped through cracks and stomped!

Hi everyone, I'm new and not sure what I'm doing so please forgive me if I make any slip ups, OK.
I wanted to tell everyone what happened to me last Thursday and get some feedback.
I got hurt almost 10 years ago and had to have 2 lumbar back surgeries about 2 years later. The first one the doctor went through my stomach and fixed a ruptured disc and two weeks later he then went through the back and did another one.  I tried hydrocodone and it did not work for the pain at all so I went back and he put me on 5mg. of Oxy. well it was working fine as often as I needed it but then they had to up it. Alright then comes a new Doctor and he started the spinal injections, I'll have to back up I had my first one of those the first year after I got hurt and it hurt so bad it was unreal so after that I started having them put me out for them. Well I had 4 more before surgery. To make a long story shorter I've had 17 so far before and after surgery and only one worked and it only lasted 46 hours. OK, on to about 6 years ago my Oxy. was being upped all this time and I started going to my primary care doctor and 6 years ago he knocked down my oxy. and put me on Fentanyl patches starting at 25mg. and the lower oxy. every 3 days on the patches and oxy. IR as needed for pain wich was 5 mg. by the 4 year mark I was on 100 mg. patch and on 84, 5mg. of the oxy. the patches were being changed every 2 days which worked until my Mom and I had a head on wreck with a guy who was coming from a dialayais clinic after having a treatment. He passed out at the stop light on the interstate and so were we, he had a 4 wheel  drive
big pickup do he hit us doing  about 50 when he hit us head on, there were about 12 cars behind us and when I looked up and saw that huge pickup coming at us I threw my foot on the break like some kind of dummy thinking he couldn't shove us back into all the others.  I had no where to go the get out of his way and even after the cops showed up he was still shoving us into all those cars behind us,there was  black smoke  everywhere, it didn't help that I had hit my head on something and was out cold. Anyway it made my leg and back worse and I can't get my Doctor to order an MRI on my back even now.  I ask him to send me to the pain managmet  since I was on all the meds anyway I ask him if he thought I could get a pain pump maybe put in  He said no and gave me back my patches and 180 10 mg. oxycontin.  Then wanted to give me another of those darn injections in the spine. I told him how many I had already had  but told him I would take it if he used a ultersound or something to guide the needle and knock me out, but he flat refused.  So then he wanted to put the tinge unit thing in my spine but my insurance said no and I don't have that much money.
   He then gave me enough pain meds. to last for 2 months and sent me back to my primary doctor.  My app. was Thur. of last week and it was time to get all my meds filled again and the pain DO. said my primary would fill them, but he flat refused to do it after he started me on those.  
   My blood pressure is not under control and I went back to talk to the DO. again and it was stroke level and he wanted me to drive myself another 45 miles to the ER.  Even though I was back under his care for pain , he just flat refused and didn't have the nerve to come in and tell me himself he sent the little nurse in to tell me the pain was not causing the high bp. and then she had enough nerve to tell me she had talked to this doctor at pain man. that morning, even though he was out of town on a trip for a week and a half.  When I called them up again they wouldn't take me back without my primary faxing a letter asking them to.  This was Thur. and the finally got around to it this afternoon.  I've been to the ER on Sunday night with stroke level bp and again by amb. tonight and it was past stroke level and really they couldn't figure why I wasn't dead my now.
   I am SOL,, I can't get into anyone for the pain until the 2nd week of next month. Since Thur. I've lost another 6 lbs and was given meds. to make me gain but at the time being I'm going to be dead before that happens.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY AND I MEAN ANY IDEAS WHAT TO DO NOW, PLEASE, PLEASE BEFORE I DIE?

Thanks for reading this sloppy mess.  Dee Dee 55
'
hi dede and you are probably tired of everyone telling you to just calm down so i'm gonna tell ya to go somewhere you can't be heard in your car and scream your effing head off and rant and keep exhaling and screaming at All of It and exhaling and letting go and then sometimes it turns into crying and sometimes into laughing and just keep it up until you are Done! Screw the BP. For now. Worrying just raises it. Look for help somewhere anywhere else. Relatives in another state or town? A different ER somewhere? Change Something dede.  And do those things you need to do for yourself to get relief no matter what that is. Catch your breath dede---just a short pause from all the bs. A mini-break. On purpose. All the crap will still be there but you will have at least had one moment of refreshment! give it a try---it can't hurt.  OK? Let us know what works and how you are doing.  om   yogadon
hi dede----i hope it's ok with you if i speak up a little bit about something that has my attention lately.
        SO?   Now judgments aside.
         Where are all of you who are benefiting from reading these posts and why aren't you at least saying "HI" hello---welcome---sorry----Something? Can you imagine the feeling a new person would get if when they asked for help (that's what these first posts are!) they received a warm response from all of us!   Let's start doing that!
    Hey  thank you dede and i will be thinking of something from  my bag of tricks that might help you.    om   yogadon
hey!where are you dede---getting a little worried---rooting for you---please check in---om     yogadon
Wow, sounds like you have a lot to say. I understand your frustration with pain issues as you described. Have your considered a letter to the hospital director but first you have to cool you emotions and put the facts in order. I know it is frustrating to get the proper medical attention but remember, when you blare your emotions, the doctor can blame this on the medication or any excuse they want. Keep yourself grounded about what has happened and you will get your voice heard if you put the emotion to the side and face the facts. I have had to wait one month for a surgical procedure and another month for the follow up. I will talk to my doctor but follow this up with a letter to the hospital director. I have been on mostly all the pain medications out there and the only thing that helps is surgical intervention (not that I am a fan). I have lost weight and recovering from pain medication side effects. Research your case history on line and find out what other options are out there. Keep a cool head so that you can focus. Doctors are quick to blame medications as a result of the patients 'issues' and I have heard the word 'depression' as a result of pain issues. When they go up this path, I drop the doctor because I am a strong individual who can focus on what pain does and helpful ways to control it. Good luck on your results and please keep the emotions in check because a doctor can use that against you in further treatment and where does that get you?
hi dede---please get  back to us soon ok? What's up? we care!
been a while dede where the heck and how the heck are ya?   OMhome
specialmom commented on specialmom's status
specialmom Elementary school band con... Comment
breezytoo commented on CRSeaside's status