278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Further information on cold showers
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
775 members

Further information on cold showers

Here are the three steps to stop anxiety attack symptoms, panic attack symptoms or depression:

Cold Packs (Ice Packs):  Use a gel pack that has been in the refrigerator.  Place the pack on the back of your neck so it covers the base of your spine up to the base of your skull. After about 15 minutes you will start to feel relaxed and warm.
    Cold Water Shower Therapy:  Clean yourself with warm water in the shower.  Turn the water cooler.  Expose your wrists to the cool water first for a little bit then slowly submerge your body.  Once this begins to feel warm (about 2-3 minutes) turn the water a little bit cooler for another 3 minutes.
    Cold Bath Therapy:  Start out by taking a 5 minute cold bath (75 degrees) every morning.  After a few days, you will begin to increase your time and slowly decrease the temperature.  You eventually want to stay in the bath for 20 minutes with the ultimate temperature being 58 degrees.
and when hypothermia sets in----call911!~~~~
Shouting your half nick name may  restore the balance.Seriously thinking- it is a possibility. so one has to increase the time gradually. For my feeling of tightness, I just did fomentation with ice bag. It does help. However thee are short term measures.Alternate hoe and cold bath is probably easier.
Hello Dalubaba,

I enjoyed reading your comments about how to stop anxiety attack
and panic attack symptoms. During a depression I had a number of
years ago now, more than 10 years ago now, anxiety and panic
attacks came with it. I wish I had known about your ice pack method
of stopping these kinds of attacks. Should I have any of these kinds
of attacks in the future, I will definitely be trying the ice pack method
you talk about. Blessings, Eve :)
Dalubaba commented on Rainbow
jimi1822 commented on photo
dominosarah commented on photo