278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Group
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
770 members

Group

Hi a posted to the group, but I accidentally put it under my topic instead of starting a new one.  It's the last post under my name *scared*.  Anyway want to say hi to everyone and Happy New Year.

To omhome--I have tried several times to send you notes and I don't think you get them.  By your name it always says USER IS NOT ACCEPTING NOTES.  Just asking --I can't seem to sned you a messAGE EITHER.  iS this your preference?  Just wondering ---
hi cindee and sorry but i was not able to post for a week or you know i would have and i could get or send no message to you. If there was a way they would let you have my e-mail (my normal not mh mail) that would solve the problem. I will be posting more later.  Why has the couch pretty much died off this last week. Where is everyb ody and let's get posting .  omhome  
tried to get a message to you at facebk but?? Had a friend try!  Any luck?  I don't know why mh doesn't have a way for us to mail each other independent of mh!  Or is there a way?
forgot to answer your ??  No it is definitely not---Not---my preference and i did not have anything to do with being cut off from you guys--i wish i was more computer savvy--i never know if i am doing things right?  Humph. omhome
It may be a MH glitch they were having issues last week ...ask on the 'Improve Med Help Suggestions forum they will be able to help you
in my case that was not an issue----i broke one of the rules and paid the price and now have to be very very careful. I tried to communicate with you and give you my e'mail but i found no way once kicked offd to get in touch with any of you guys. Frustrating!
   I wish mh could make it possible for us with each others permission to mail or message outside of this forum.   What do you guys think? How can i give you my "real" e'mail? Is there a way i am over-looking?  Thanks and thanks to mh for re-instating me!  Omhome
Yeah, I was wondering where everybody was.  Last night I was up ALL NIGHT in pain and was desperatw to talk to somebody.  Even in the day nobody's doing much.

Om, I am not on facebook--I thought maybe you went on vacation.

isten, I have a major test - a special stress test on my heart in the hospital (now I have heart problems) coming on Mon. 14th.  It's 3 hrs. long and I'm a nervous wreck.  I'm in so much pain now already--they don't care about that.  I have to be conscious.  I'm so terrified,  Even just getting up, getting, drssed and riding in the car then check-in--I will be freaking out beforethey even start!

Any suggestions?  I think I will have a heart attack getting a teat to see if I had a heart attack!
cindee hon i think your sense of humor--your strong spirit---will show up when you need it. Now----right now and for every day until you go i want you to do the breath practices (you find them in earlier threads--just look). And add this to them after three or four days of the inner relaxation stuff: you are already imagining bad-negative feelings while you are riding in car--cking in etc. so now bring up the anxiety and breathe--relax the body-mind until the anxiety subsides a bit---ok-- get that?    bring it up---relax it---practice that hon.
    Then in the real situation your body and nervous system will respond and you really will relax cindee----with just that training every day until ya go!  Any questions about that just post here at this thread and i will respond here ok?  Omhome
!
ok cindee here are some things for your nervousness---start with  them now so you will be ready for your big day---along with your meditation practice .
    What not to do! Caffeine (unless you must have it an dhen just don't worry about it ok now is not the time to quit anything that might cause more stress)
Sugar----0-eggs!   Meat (if you can do it) of any kind----fish or chicken but only if you Have To. That's enough no-no for now----maybe more from others will come.
     NOW. Important---here is your sedative specific for nervousness (includes good dose--natural--of lactucarium and works like a charm.    Make a juice of dark green leafy veges--no head lettuce---but leaf lettuce (lots) beet tops etc.--- put some celery---some beet if you want makes it pretty--and carrot for sweet taste!!! Yummy!  Please do it and on that morning make some and sip it  every chance.  THIS WILL WORK WONDERS and i am yelling to emphasize. Because people don't believe it---so sad. Prove me wrong and do it cindee and then crow crow crow when you discover it works (the combo of meditation and foods!) Ok let me know ya got this and if you like copy and put it in sue's thread about foods.   love ya cindee  get to work  get a juicer   get some veges get IT!!
Thanks for the advice--can we go ove the breathing exactly again?

Those foods you are telling me NOT to eat?  I only have one cup of coffee a day.  I eat fish and chicken and veggies and fruit.

The only thing about doing the juicing is that I am not allowed to eat or drink anything from the night before the test--so like 10 or 12 hrs, not een water.  The not eating I can take, but not drinking kills me...I have very bsd dry mouth and Type 2 Diabestesso I am always thirsty.

OMG, I am so scared.  I am also scared about how to get through the pain--my chronic pan during and after this thing.  They gave me nothing for pain as far as meds, and I told the dr. so many times about my back, leg, shoulder pain--feet everything.  I don't know why they just expect me to suffer...even with this.

Anyway, I will try to calm down but I'm not doing good and the stupid hospital keeps calling and asking for money already and the same questions I answered 3 times about name, phone, ins. stuff--this is the 3rd call today!

Sorry., om, and my husband is mad at me as usual cuz I'm stressing.  He  will be no comfort to me, that's for sure.....which is sad--I might be better going alone, but  he has to drive me and come with me, of course.
check the tools and techniques thread for some of the breathing stuff cindee ok?  om
alright cindee by monday we will have you ready for the challenge. Do your breath work---whatever you have discovered works a little for you and just focus on that for now and until mon---with an ahhhh on exhalen maybe?
      Here is the new thing to practice---you can move your fingers a little during mri etc. so this will work.  Press the nail of your thumb into the tip of your index finger and focus your mind on where you feel the pressure and you can press really hard and make it hurt a little to help you move your focus to your finger.  You do this for a few breaths and you can do it during "pain" episodes.  You have the pain --say in your low back---and then you press and hold the pressure and bring your mind to that point! You can move around (experiment) with each finger---see what works for you.
   Othert benefit is from the acupressure---these  points can relieve pain!   SO DO IT  Cindee  Ok.. Any questions ask after you have tried it for a while ok. yes yes yes---    alright----omhome
Dear Cindee,
I feel really bad for you that you feel alone while you are going through this.

I will share something funny with you. What you are feeling is exactly how I would feel about three days prior to visiting my father in-law!!  Omg it is true.

I would stress about how awful the visit was going to be, and how mean he was going to be to me!! I couldn't understand what was going on with me, I was nervous, anxious and extremely emotional. I was crying just thinking about the visit.  I would tell my husband "I can't do it, I can't drive 1 and half hours to see this miserable man".

The anxiety you are feeling is very real, but you actually have control over it, try not to let the anxiety control you and practice your breathing. It really does work :)  that is what I started to do, and now I can go with my husband to visit his dad.  He hasn't changed, he is still a miserable man,  but I do my breathing and tell myself that I am in control of the situation. And if he gets horrible we leave.

Try not to think to much about your tests on Monday.  Tell yourself that you are strong and you can do it.  The hospital staff will try to make you as comfortable as possible.   Do your breathing, like in childbirth while you were having contractions!  

When you have an MRI, they will give you a button to hold, so if you need a break or get to uncomfortable you can press it.  They will take you out, but try to proceed so you can get the tests over with.  I know you can do it.

Bring something comfortable or a treat to the hospital.  I like to bring a comfortable blanket and buy something really stupid like a good gossip magazine or a great joke book.  This helps me while I am waiting, and keeps my mind occupied.

And then when you are finished, give yourself a treat for being brave.
Whatever it is?  Do you have a favourite place to eat?  Or have you been wanting  a massage or spa day?  Tell yourself, and say to yourself "if I get through this I am going to"..... get a facial, or a manicure and pedicure.  That's what I would choose, but pick something you would like, something that makes you feel good.

Good luck Cindee, I will be thinking of you all day Monday.

I will be going away on Tuesday night for 2 weeks to help my sister out again.  So I might not be online very much. But I will have some access to a computer.

My youngest sister lives in Nova Scotia and had the courage in November to leave her abusive husband.  She has 4 kids, and had to leave her beautiful home and move into a rental. She is now working hard to get her life back on track.  The kids are so happy now the monster is out of the house.  But my sister is trying to cope with lawyers, child welfare and being a busy working single mum. She has a surgery on the 21st, so I am going to try and help her and cook for the kids.

Plus, I don't take any crap from her ex!  Since leaving, he has slashed her winter tires, showed up at the children's school concert with a date, and calls and texts her relentlessly at work!  He also can't understand why she wont reconcile??? Go figure. He is in the military, so i am praying he will be posted somewhere far away :)  
Anyway I just needed to rant, and let you know what I will be up to next week.

Take Care, (think of us all breathing with you on monday, it might make you laugh)  Suexoxo
i don't call it a rant sue i call it sharing. Very beautiful post. Hey sue---put your thumbnail into that index finger and press press press whenever ya need to. I am so glad the breathing works for you and i wish more folks would realize how much it helps. Sue you are doing what we yogis call Karma Yoga and it is the same type of practice (helping others over self) that Mother Teresa  did.
If we would all follow that example what a world we could create!!
    Cindee!   practice a little and let us know how you are doing---sat----sun-----and then after all the BS share your joy in discovering that you were able to get thru it.    omhome
cindee--tomorrow you discover  that you can sometimes calm yourself when you need to if you just remember to do your focusing. Focusing on the positive in place of neg when you "catch" yourself being neg. So today when you think and the fear rises do your technique and feel yourself relax and let go of the negative thought train. Every time you remember--do it!!!  Hey! Can't wait to hear back from you after tomorrow cindee..   omhome
Thanks--I am in very bad pain, and of course, a nervous wreck.  I'm shaking..  I hate that I have to get an IV and have a blood pressurecuff  and wires and stuff--it all makes my arms and nedk hurt more.

I have been trying the accupressure thing with the fingers on my right hand (my other one has the pain.  The only breathing Ive been able to handle is 4 breaths in and four out--is thaT OK.  i AM TRYING TO RELAX MY MUSCLES BUT NO LUCK.

The other thing is this business about not eating or drinking after midnight.  I don't care about the eating, but I drink a lot of water (it helps me) and last night i tried not to drink (mind u I am usually up till 4 am )a nd I got so dry and couldn't breathe---so that is upsetting me.  Also, I have to at hospital by 9:30. test is at 10:30) so that's one hour and it takes 35 min. so it's too much time waiting and I hurt to sit--I just want to go and do it quiuck but they make you wait and I AM REALLLY BAD WITH WAITING.  i CAN NEVER FOCUS ON READING OR MUSIC cu z i'm in too much pain.

On a better note, I did find something at home I do to distract myself--it goes with the strange stuff, I suppose.  It's a game on computer where you shoot bubbles with an arrow to the different colors, like popping balloons and keep them feom floating to the bottom---i've been using that till my arm is too sore, but it's fun.

where else can i do the accupressure--everything hurts?  I tried stretching and it killed my legs but I am stretching my face, lol.
wow--four breaths is really good cindee! Do them nice and easy and slow and notice the feel of it---the touch of air at tip of nose---focus there.
  Cindee you can press the tip of your tongue--the top of tongue-- against the roof of your mouth---try different areas--sides of the cheeks---bottom teeth--explore!    Yep--give that a try. Say yes yes yes.   om
how are you doing cindee? Just checking. Give yourself a little reward tonight hon you deserve it!  your friend   omhome
Hurting bad.  This test was so long and I was in so much pain--the technician was pressing this probe SO HARD into my back, ribs, and chest (she said she had to get a good picture of my heart and arteries) for an HOUR.

Then they said Ok now we havr to give u the IV and do it AGAIN.  I was so upset and the nurse asked why I'm in pain (did she think I was just making it up) I told her so she called the dr. amd he said they should stop cuz it was already stressing me and he didn't want me to hurt so bad or have a heart attack, so we all agreed I have to go bac k and do the 2nd half probly next week.

I am not looking forward to this, and of course, hubby waS annoyed but even he saw how much pain Iwas in..

But I'm at least glad I got thru half of it.  That's better than nothing. --as it is iwe were in that hospital for 3 hrs!

Om, I actually did do the accupressure thing and HAD to do the breathing ccuz they would say -- take a deep breath, hold i, blow it out, but they made me hold it so long--didn;t like that!

Thank you for asking.  How is everyone today?  How is group going?
u can build on that success cindee small as it may have seemed and you will get better and better at doing it---remembering it! Truly.  Next time---way   waaaaaayyyyy better-----and it looks like we have lost the interest of other members cindee   sad to see ---so much possibility!    Omhome
philnoir Finishing lumbar RFA today. Comment
specialmom commented on nursegirl6572's status
Aug 19
nursegirl6572 "Worrying doesn't take away... Comment
Aug 19