278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Happy Holidays everyone
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
775 members

Happy Holidays everyone

Well, the Thanksgiving holidays are over with and I can actually say I enjoyed them for the first time in years. My former years have been filled with drama, family problems and a lot of deaths. Trying to put this all behind me has been rough. In my selfishness, I did not celebrate the holidays because they brought back too many memories for me. I did not think about the others around me who wanted to celebrate the holidays. My caregiver who is the only family I have left, has 'tolerated' my selfishness and complained very little with understanding but reminded me this year, that I have to remember to let go once in a while. I never saw this from his point of view but I was too self absorbed in my pain and creating my own drama.
Well that is behind me now and Thanksgiving was wonderful. Quiet, and sensible and with food that I have not eaten in a long time. Two days after Thanksgiving I took out the Christmas decorations and started decorating the house. I still have a lot to do but the start has really got me in the mood. I have shopping to do for my caregiver and he has already done his for me. Now all I have to do is to get him to wrap the presents and help me with the decorating. Now is the challenge. He thinks I let him off the hook by just pulling out the tree but this is going to be a good year, in spite of all the medical treatments I still have to undergo but that is not the thought at present.
My thoughts are on the present and to let go of the selfishness I had created and learn to share and be thankful for what I can share with others. To see a smile that maybe I can create for someone who has done SO MUCH for me.
It may be hard to remember what it is that I am supposed to do for these holidays but I am sure I can find a way to remember. This year I hope to focus on doing something for someone else and be thankful for what has been done for me.
thank you madman and the same right back at you. My teacher's favorite word was "remember" as in remember just those things you shared madman.
  We remember our way home to that less selfish and more open spirit we truly are underneath all the negative conditioning we have been programmed with form "baby" until Now.  Most of the "props" used by all the religions are for the purpose of Remembering. Bells---candle light----music---mantras----and anything we decide to use to remember can bring us back to ourSelves.
   Season of light!! Share----not so much the material stuff as the Stuff of those
Selves--share our hearts!!! OK everybody Now  darn it folks Post--i am trying not to but i am getting impatient and frustrated with some of you not helping the energy here. I see you post everywhere else--???
    What i have shared so far is just the beginning steps and So Much More is to come after these important beginning steps. You can learn to go home to that Self--to that inner place we are building the foundation of---and stay there more often. You can learn to sense the pain but Not Suffer from it.
     It is up to you guys. I am curious to see any response--spread the word OK??   Omhome
I have read your post and understand your frustration in creating something positive. Please remember that those who share you thoughts are the ones who appreciate your offerings. It may be the wrong time of year for some to respond or what ever the reason? I know I am thankful for the positive energy I get from reading the posts I have received and that is all that counts for me. If it only takes one post to change a persons life, that is the post that counts. The rest of the world can wallow in pain and cry all they want and take the doctors word for it for what ever the thought is. They will be back sooner or later. Although I am not much on the 'energy' sessions so to speak, I KNOW that creating a positive thoughts creates a positive body reaction in the brain. There is scientific proof of this so hang in there even if it is just one person who responds like me who KNOWS what positive energy can and will do.
thank you madman and it means a lot to me to have you (a person i have much respect for---and that's not true of many---)to have you say and mean that!
      Ya know i just noticed that i seem to keep posting right over a Great Post you have just offered especially that Thanksgiving post . I really don't mean to "steal your thunder" if that is a phrase? But i will stop doing that so much and i want to officially make you my CoConspiritor of the Spirit and Master of the Practical Down to Earth Stuff for the duration of this Cult!!   HA!!
     Have a season full of Light madman.     omhome
Ah, go on with yourself. It was because of people like you that got my interest. I'm not one for these boards but saw something that I wanted to share and saw the nice feedback so now I am addicted to something else besides the drugs. (ha ha) It's nice to wake up with a cup of coffee and read something positive to start your day and that is what caught my interest but remember, you are the one who made my mornings with a smile so I thank YOU very much. Looking forward to sharing something nice for a change instead of something naughty. Besides being naughty got me nowhere except headaches. About time something like this should happen to the world.
jimi1822 commented on photo
dominosarah commented on photo
dominosarah commented on photo