278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Hello peoples!
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
774 members

Hello peoples!

I'm not online often enough to really start any conversations, etc. in this group. I think it's a great idea though. I think it's helpful to be able to talk with others who have the same challenges as we do , etc.  That's all I wanted to say, and i hope everyone gets releif in some shape or form from their chronic pain. take care.
                  shinty
hello shinty and a big welcome to you. I hope you stay a while and join in our ongoing conversation. Please share your experience with us-----your "tricks of the pain-trade"-----ideas about how to have fun (a new topic)-----and your energy. Thanks for comin'.  
om
Allow me to explain why I come here each day.
I have degenerative joint/disk disease at 60 years of age. I have researched this field and understand my symptoms won't get any better by chatting about them. I know in time, my symptoms will get worse. I have accepted that fact. There is not much I can do about my condition. The doctors have done all they can and I may have to look forward to more surgeries in the future.
That is the bleak side of what I deal with daily and the FEAR of what will happen in the future. I cannot and will not allow that FEAR to control me. If it is going to happen, it is going to happen and I can live in the moment of today.
I am reminded of a butterfly that flies freely. The beauty of the moment shows my mind free from FEAR. I can see the beauty of that moment and appreciate what my mind has to offer, to recognize that beauty and appreciate it for what life has to offer.
I know I will never be pain free. There are good days and bad but the reality of the moment is accepting the good days and the bad ones that JUST happen.
I come here in the foresight of appreciating what people have to offer on the good days because the bad ones will follow and now one can help that. Keeping my mind filled with the energy of the day and the sunlight that is offered to get through the bad days is a start for me. It helps.
I enjoy sharing what I can for the moments I have. Yesterday was a really bad day for me, I won't lie. I got through it, somehow.
I come here to appreciate what others have to offer,good days or bad, we all have something to share.
I TRY and look at the glass half full. I HAVE NO CHOICE. That is me. I receive energy from the posting I read. Energy in the sense that my mind can still focus and appreciate what others have to offer. The energy of posting a note or a thought of cheer that brings out the sun because I know the nights are very painful for me and I face that daily. I still wake up knowing the sun will shine and even when it doesn't, I know one day it will.
That is what I appreciate about life and the energy it brings. That is what I live for. My other choices...well I will face them when that day comes, I have no fear. The only fear at the moment I have, is feeling alone when the pain hits. That is where I have to take all the energy I have gathered from the posting I receive, the energy that the sun will shine tomorrow and the waters of the beach I love to visit on my good days. That can never be taken away from me.
That's why I live for NOW and the moments that tomorrow will bring in the comfort that I am not alone here and I can share my sunshine with people who appreciate the reality of the moment.
I write this because I received a very special message from a friend who has presented both sides of the coin. I am reminded of that reality and can only pass on what I share in MY daily life.
I have another friend whom I talk with weekly and we talk about the reality of the 'final moments' of our lives. We discuss what we want and how we want it with respect and the wisdom of those moments we have no control over in our lives. I have no fear of that.
I am thankful for the people that have given me the wisdom to share. I am thankful for the people who care. I am thankful for the sunshine of tomorrow and that is why I come here. There is still sunshine out there and I am thankful to share that with others.
And Thank You so much madman
Thank You for sharing with us
Thanks for caring
Passing on a little sunshine

om
yes your conditiong requere great energy to nulligy the blocks of negative energy.While reading the details the person who is imbued with concern for you is unable to keep his own balance.How to give you soace must be on the mind of members known to you.I hope everbody does their best to do in this untenable situation. On my part I have already added you in my regular Reiki prayer...I wish you best of luck to pass every day with sustained mindfulness.

Thank you for the kind thoughts and prayers.
I am not out to save the world, just my little part of survival. Sometimes it hits hard when you have to deal with the realities of life and I am sorry if the world does not see the glass half full.
I know the mind is a terrible thing to waste and I am not wasting any part of what is left. I have had a lot of negative feedback from people who do not understand the strength of how the mind controls many things in our life but I have done my research and understand some aspects of helping the elements of the mind grow and deal. I rarely take pain medication where as a year ago, I was so doped up, I could figure out what day of the week it was.
This shows ME positive results and that is what I use to get by on. If anyone calls this cheating, then call me a cheater because I am happy with the results and in much better health than I was a year ago.
I don't think people realize that walking for the first time in 5 years is a major accomplishment for me but I am doing it and moving forward with my life. I am doing things NOW that I could have never done a year ago. That tells me something is working and as the saying goes...
If it ain't broke, it doesn't need fixing.
Thank you all for you concern and caring, I really appreciate all that I have learned here and hope others will learn from what we have to offer at the couch. With warmest regards...
nursegirl6572 commented on Derealization and Dep...
Lev1Fagan commented on Derealization and Dep...
nursegirl6572 "Patience is the calm accep... Comment
Sep 16