278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Hi, I'm back on the couch again :)
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can read up on the latest information on chronic pain, tell your story, post any information you'd like to relay, or just come to simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post is heard, we always hear and respond...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage to cope with our pain from day to day! Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
746 members

Hi, I'm back on the couch again :)

Hi to all my friends, I'm sorry that I've been MIA for the last month.

I was extremely overwhelmed trying to sell our home, and trying to get the financing
for a century home in the country. Besides dealing with the stress of keeping the home
Beautiful to show everyday, my husband and I were so stressed by the banks. Wow, have
Mortgage rules really tightened up in Canada, because of the real estate crash in the US!!

And as you know that was only half of my troubles. My pain was extremely bad, because I didn't have the time to rest.
And I'm sure stress increases the pain levels, and being overly active always puts me over the edge. So I wasn't the sweetest person to live with either!! Who me? Is it stress of selling a house, the pain, or a lovely symptom of menopause?  I've been to the health food store to stock up on stress and hormone supplements. I don't know if they really work, but it's worth a try.

Well we finally sold our house last week, the bank approved the mortgage, yeah, and now we are moving on June 28th. We have a vey quick closing. Yikes, that is so soon! But at least the most stressful part of selling is over.  And now we can finally get excited about our move to the country, and are looking forward to new adventures, and enjoying the beauty of nature all around us.

The new place has forest views, overlooks the river, and has a few acres of gardens.
The new yard will definitely be my healing gardens. It has a nice wood stove fireplace, so I can enjoy the winters sitting by the fire.  And luckily I will still have a swimming pool for the summer, it just needs a heater, so I can spend summer days exercising and feeling free in the water.  I feel really lucky that my husband and kids have been 100% supportive, since they know that this has been a dream of mine for many years. It will also be nice to have some privacy, my current neighbours haven't been very supportive of me smoking  medical marijuana.

I'm still having trouble getting my sleep schedule back on track, so that's why I'm posting at 2am.
Now I have 3 weeks to get packed and organized; I think the time is going to fly by. I have given myself the challenge of packing one box, or making one phone call a day to get organized for the move.

Today I spent 3 hours on the phone, trying to change the phone, tv and Internet provider for the next house. There is no cable, so we are switching to satellite service. And of course I was put on hold about 4 times  to get through to the right person to cancel one service. And given huge sales pitches to start the new services. I don't think they understand, "I just want the basic package",  they just tried their hardest to upsell me, with services I don't want for double the money, oh boy!

Anyway, I will try to post a bit more this month before the move. And once I move, I thought I might write a little blog about city folks moving to the country. And how we will have to figure out septic systems, well water, mice, bats, skunks and bugs LOL. Did I mention the beautiful views?  I will also post some pics of the house if you like.

It's nice to be back on the couch. And I look forward to hearing from you all. I hope everyone is surviving this cold wet spring we've been having here. Lots of crazy storms, and huge swings in temperature.

I send my love and best wishes to you all, Sue xoxo
even with all the pain you sound great Sue.....what an adventure.....enjoy the moment...... send me more pics when ya get more of the new house sue.........om
Hi sueduva,

Holy cow you're going through a lot. When I have things on my plate such as you do, I tend to fall apart at the seams. My pain never withstands activity levels such as that. Heck, sweeping my driveway send me to the moon.

Your house sounds very exciting. We have been in our home for the last 17 years. I would love, love love a new house. We have put so much time and money into this house that it would be a shame to sell it. If we ever did decide to sell our home, I guess I would feel like a part of me were being let go. I think we call it attachment.....

I'm so glad that you have not forgot about the group. I'm glad that I sent out a calling to all members.... our group is rock and rolling now.. yippie!

Let us know the details of you moving to your new house... I for one will be waiting for an update.

My best,
Molly
Cathiecats commented on Why You Might Have A ...
18 mins ago
nursegirl6572 commented on Embarrassing, but i n...
56 mins ago
breezytoo I'm okay, just had a scare. Comment