278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Hydrotherapy
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
783 members

Hydrotherapy

This is an interesting therapy. It is practiced since ages. Taking cold shower is recommended to remove chill from our life. If you can be brave enough to face chill of cold shower, you can face any thing.In relevant websites, there are many tricks bypass pain.Navigate through the websity of Hydro-therapy, cold-shower therapy. You may find some techniques to soothe your pain.This is one of the branch of nature-pathy.
While reading the above , I remembered my brother in law. He is 76. He is active, busy from 6am to 8pm. I know that he has no time for exercise. I could recall that he takes cold bath regularly.His other three brothers are not so active.There are many Hypothesis in favor of cold shower therapy.Study and trial can revel other aspects of this treatment.
my god you  will have us doing water-boarding for pain relief Dalubaba---i love it---please keep up with your energy and your posts! You are what is keeping this group going right now dalubaba---thank you.    omhome
* Brings blood to the capillaries, therefore increasing circulation throughout the body.

* Cleans the circulatory system.

* Reduces blood pressure on internal organs.

* Provides flushing for the organs and provides a new supply of blood.

* ADVANTAGES OF COLD SHOWER BATH (it does relieve pain)

Strengthens the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems.

* Contracts the muscles to eliminate toxins and poisonous wastes.

* Strengthens the mucous membranes, which help resist hay fever, allergies, colds, coughs.

Many health problems are reduced or even eliminated over time by providing proper circulation of the blood to the affected area using the cold shower massage.
I am one of those who loves loves adores the up to the chin warm
water bath on a daily basis.  Because of my back and legs, I can no
longer get into the bath so I got one of those sit down chairs at the walmart for the shower and a sauna shower head.....and from the first time
feel refreshed and actually looking forward to the whole bathing experience

My neighbors up here in the woods are in their late 80's and have sauna
or is it sauna-ed for the past 60 years.  They are sprite, active, plant their own gardens yet and have no heart, lung or brain problems....

I have no doubt that the cold water works for you but the thought makes me cringe.....LOL, but thank you for all the info....

M
I am a hot-water-person. I take hot showers for 11months a year. Only one month(Hot summer) i take cold shower.After reading many websites, I decided to adopt cold shower.For two days, I could not gather courage to touch cold water( we have cold wave now). Just to day I did it. First I scrub my body with a wet napkin.Then took hot shower and gradually turning to colder shower.I feel so happy that I could face the challenge. I am sure to morrow, I will do better.Gradually I will be taking cold shower. I plan to do it in 7 days.I agree, it is not easy to take cold shower in cold season.Example of your neighbors is quite encouraging. thanks.
My brother in law is 86. He does not do any exercise. He is busy from 6am to 6am. He is a radio announcer.He gets up at 4am and reaches radio station at 6 am.He is taking cold showers till decades. I think this must be the reason why he is active at this age also.Has retired but gets the extra work because of hie expertise as a translator of Gujarati(rare ) language.
Your brother in law and you sound like wonderful life loving people...

I like how you started with hot warm shower and gradually turned off
the hot, I really think I could do that....I know when I was younger,
it was said that a cold head rinse after shampooing would make your
hair soft and cleaner and stronger and I did that for years.....my head and
neck would tingle for hours and I always felt more alert after the cold
water rinse.....

I am waaaay up here in the great north woods of Michigan, and even in summer we have cold snaps, but the starting warm and going cold is something I am going to start trying today.  

Yesterday I started Guided Breath Meditation with the instructions on a YouTube channel.....I had to stop the video 2 times because I had a panic attack while trying to watch my breath go in my nose and out my mouth, but once I saw that this new challenge was not going to kill me, I listened to the whole video and learned alot.....and now I will try the cold water shower...I'll let you know how I did....Thank you very much

M
your quick decision shows that you are young at heart just like your nick name.I may add two important variants of cold shower, given by a teacher of Guru Bhajan group. In her very long article on cold shower , she has mentioned, that massaging your feet with cold water is equivalent to taking a full bath.First massage the right leg with left leg and then massage the left leg with the right one. Another one is massage your forehead with water for sometime before your sleep. I am doing this since last two days along with yoga, acupressure and meditation. I pass my time in surfing,yoga,mediation and acupressure.I will inform you about my progression in cold shower.
Ok, this sounds really cold brrr! And I'm a hot shower person.

But it definitely sounds interesting and I will give it a try. I think I will do what you said, start with warm water and then gradually turn it cooler and cooler until it is cold.

It brings back memories of going camping and having to shower with only cold water.  I would hold my breath, get my hair wet, run out of the shower and lather up. Then I would hold my breath and run back in to rinse off.

I will let you know how it goes. I love swimming, and I know that water can be very healing a rejuvenating. Ok, I'll be brave and give it a try :)
Sue
alright me too. count me in on the free heart-attack Test. This is only a test! HA! Good one  dalubabaji!    om
In my above post, In a variant I have mentioned the leg should be massage. In fact the article has said feet should be massaged not the whole leg.We may call it an instant bath. From reflexology point of view, all points connected with all organs sit in the feet.Reflexology has given defined the area related to each organ of the body. So it seems if we stimulate sole of our feet by any means, it will affect the organ. So massaging the feet may stimulate all organs of the bod.
To day I did it much better. I alternated cold and hot bath 4 times. Initial hesitance was there for few seconds.Alternating with cold and hot water is also a regular therapy to enhance the effect. I cane out of bathroom like a winning worrier.
While surfing and reading many testimonials, I was tempted to try cold showers.This is my second day. On the second day only I was more successful enjoying cold showers more and more.Wish you best of luck.You can also try two variants.1 massage right feet with left feet with and then massage left with right. It is equivalent to full bath.2 massage your forehead with cold water before you retire to sleep to get restorative sleep.Wish you best of luck with this new experiment.
I do remember after my last back surgery that the surgeon told me that just rotating my ankles back and forth, up and down, sideways, both ways, will enhance the whole body and brain. And then when you mentioned the cold water on the feet and ankles, well sir, I know I can do that....

Yesterday I turned down the hot water, little bit at a time, little, little and soon had the hot water off and then hollered real real loud, scared the little kittens who were watching me, but did not freeze or die of the cold.  In fact, today I will try the cold water to the feet....

This learning is so much fun.....and most interesting indeed.....

M
Your letter brought me back to camping as a child, there were these old showers set up and it cost a quarter for 2 minutes of hot water and many times, most times, we did not own a quarter.....I remember with your letter just turning on that cold water and standing under it, and then going and jumping into the lake afterwards....What a wonderful memory you gave me today.....Thank you so much

M
memories for me too. Of camp and the nightly cold cold showers--and then more memories of camp and those glorious days of summer nights! Ha!   Keep those stories coming.      
         Speaking of stories----MadMan are you still out there?  Always good to hear from you.   Ice Cold Water Therapy----good grief dalubaba.     om
It is true, we are hesitant for cold shower. to remove this hesitancy, we can read the advantages of cold shower bath before we enter the bath room,This can help us to visualize benefits in stead of chill of cold bath. Read every day at least for a month.This should ensure the adherence to the routing of  cold shower. I have posted all the advantages on 17 February in this page.I may add one story/information.In Tibet, monks were asked to put on wet cloths and asked to meditate visualizing that their body is getting warm drying the cloths.This exercise was done at 4am in winter nights. The monk who drys more no. of clothes were declared winners. Yes it is a bizarre story.
We can collect more information if every one of us, navigate websites of hydrotherapy.We may find some extra tricks to relive pain and some other uses.
yes, yes,yes- third day.I had a hair-cut, so I wanted an excuse not to have cold shower. But I resisted the false excuse and did it. I started with rubbing with cold wash cloth, then cold water(coldwater remaining in pipe) and then hot water . Had aternate cold and hot water bath. The outcome of this success is that I could take renewed interest all routine I do.and now I am confident that i will regularly do it and will know how it affects me in general.
Ankle exercise doing good for the whole body is very interesting as one can do ankle exercise anywhere. In fact in yoga, first movement is ankle movement.
Massage/rubbing with cold wash is stand alone technique of naturo-therapy.And it makes cold shower easier.
When cold water hit us, we stop breathing. This autonomic reaction. I remember a yoga teacher has suggested that do not stop breathing. In stead, concentrate on exhalation and let inhalation be automatic. Probably this helps us to control our body's reaction. I have added this to-day in my shower.
If we pool our experience, we all can get immense benefit.
I will be doing my ankle rotating exercise with more enthusiasm. Some one has suggested if you do eye exercise(rotatating eye in all direction, it will help us to reduce pain of the neck.I thin ankle  exercise affecting the whole body and brain and eye exercise affecting neck is a similar perspective. Thanks for the new perspective.
what a good mission statement dalubaba---"-if we pool our experience, we all can get immense benefit."   yes yes yes    omhome
In fact, your enthusiasm and motivation will raise this group to an unassailable height.If we can get the right material , i wonder if we can post invitation to the community which have more members. we can show what is available in chronic couch. A simple cold water therapy has given golden nuggets. I am sure, if we continue relentlessly we will succeed. we may continue generating ideas. some may click or some may fail. let us take it as normal.
you got it dalubaba---on board for cold water---breathing---focus (while you shiver!)---
     Oh yeah----we go  Beep Beep Beep out loud (thank you hakensak) anytime we need a little laugh.     om
I do recall that when I did the first cold water shower, that I held my breath and then the cold water test almost failed....Yesterday I continued to breathe in and out through my nose as the water flowed down on me and then purposely put the shower head on the bottoms of my feet and ankles.....

I have not expired yet, actually felt invigorated until bedtime, and will try this for the next 30 days and then put my results in my journal...

Thank you so much

M

This will be my fourth day. First I will rub my body with wet cloth-this is also a stand alone technique. Then I shall have cold/hot/ alternating bath.On a chronic painful part doing alternating bath is more efficient. This was told to me by my sister in law who is teaching acupressure since last 35 yrs. Now I am going into bathroom with a fighter's mood.
Once we tolerate the chill, we can experiment as we like. Overpowering the chill is most important. All activity become vibrant after the cold shower.
The fourth day was more successful as i could use soap spending more time with cold water. I am pasting an article on the subject. it is good one.Members who could not jump into cold shower can try again.
Enjoy the Benefits of Hot and Cold Water Therapy

Saturday, April 10, 2010 by: Kim Evans

374 1
[Share this Article]
(NaturalNews) Hot and cold baths have been used for centuries and some of the benefits they bring include: increased energy, increased circulation, detoxification, and the clearing of negative energy. An easy way to replicate the spa experience of alternating hot and cold baths, and the primal experience of jumping from hot springs to cold rivers, is to simply alternate hot and cold water in your shower. Most of us are quite accustomed to warm showers and even the idea of introducing cold water can be intimidating. But once you've done it for yourself, you'll see it's really not that bad. Actually, you'll probably find it's quite invigorating.

It's best to start with hot and after a few minutes to use a blast of cold for a minute. Then use hot water again, repeat several times, and end your shower when you're ready. The hot should be hot and the cold should be cold - in fact, as long as you're not scalding yourself: the hotter the better and the colder the better. This can be done daily, but if you're clearing a negative energy dump or if you need more powerful detoxification, it can be done several times a day.

The extremes of hot and cold water cause your muscles to expand and contract which offers gentle detoxification as toxins are squeezed from your muscles. It also improves circulation and the benefits of improved circulation shouldn't be underestimated. When your body has poor circulation, it's impeded in delivering fresh blood to all areas of the body. As a result, the body can't cleanse the blocked and stagnant areas regularly - and toxins, filth and disease accumulate in these oxygen and fresh blood deprived areas.

This is regularly seen with cancers and tumors which are really just clumps of fungus and filth that the body was unable to remove. They develop to contain the waste that couldn't be removed because our detoxification systems are frequently overwhelmed due to the large amounts of chemicals and improper foods that most people take in daily - and also because poor circulation prevents regular cleansing.

Cold water, it should be noted, holds a magic of its own. Cold water has more oxygen in it than hot water, and therefore has an alkalizing and detoxifying effect. Plus, cold water is known to wipe away negative energy from our bodies. And there's a negative energy component to most disease - particularly where cancers or tumors are located. Using cold water can help remove the energy that's binding the filth in certain locations and when that energy is gone, the filth can more easily be moved out of your body - where it truly belongs.

Sea salts and ocean swimming also remove negative energy, which may be the reason many beach oriented cultures have reputations for being laid back. Plus, if you can release the negative energy when it's produced, there's a much slimmer chance that it will be stored in your body and come back to haunt you, either as a disease or an emotional trigger.

To clear negative energy, another technique is to hold a couple teaspoons of quality sea salts in the palms of each hand for a few minutes to absorb the energy if it returns after your shower. Negative energy is released through the palms of our hands and in this manner, the salts can absorb the energy from you. After the salts have absorbed your negative energy, let them sit in the sun for a day or two to regain their purity.

People with heart problems, the elderly, and infirm may want to forgo extremely cold waters.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/028551_water_therapy_health_benefits.html#ixzz2LcF6Jdki
It is good that you have not expired.This indicates that you will be centenarian with our experiment. This was 4th day for me. I have added few evening exercises for sleep before dinner. I take B.P medicines. so this evening I was tested for my BP. It 142/76. The new yoga exercises and cold shower, my BP is not disturbed. I will try to do away with meds is possible.
We. my siblings have long expiry dares. Of course our spar parts( Organs) are not guaranteed.  For us, finding and doing cold showers is serendipitous find. let us enjoy it.
Today will be my 4th day with cold water therapy.  I actually look forward to it to see what arises before, during and after the therapy.

This is also the 4th day of my Guided Breath Meditations, don't want to pile too much on top of myself so I can keep track of sensations and body feelings for each part of therapy...

When I started my own route to therapy, my blood pressure was 180/130.
At my last doctors appt they measured me at 90/70 and as I have White Coat Syndrome, ( I do not enjoy Doctors or going to the Doctor)  this was a wonderful reading....This reading is what I had as a young girl of 16.

I changed my diet and yes you are right, even though I come from a long line of long living people, organs are not spared and even the older people who have gone on before me did suffer from various organ problems.
One of my sisters asked me "Just what do you think you are going to accomplish with all this voodoo you are doing....Live forever????", and I had to laugh, not at her of course, but at the notion that pills and medicine can and will solve all problems....

Many people including yourself do actually help me keep up with my little voodoo experiments...My pain has retreated and my brain is clearer and my soul is so much lighter and brighter....Voodoo indeed as I can not explain how or why or what is working for me.....

Take care Friend and know that I appreciate all that you have given us

M
we, my siblings have long expiry date. Correction My eldest brother eapired at 92,my mother at 95(approximately) 2 sisters 2 other brothers-all expired after 87 yrs of age.As such I am not interested in a long life as I think, I have achieved my potential an I am waiting for the divine call. Till that time I want to be on my feet. That is all I want.
dalubaba! I am surprised.  There is no "expiration date" for that which you are and always were before you were "born". Jiva doesn't die.  In physics even they say energy is only transformed. Dalubaba you are not that which dies. That is why there is such joy in the spiritual realization of our true self! joy joy joy    yes yes yes      Omhome
Thank you for reminding the immortality if essence of our being. I had made the remark in lighter vein.
this was my 5th day of cold shower. Usually in almost all techniques we get result after few days. With cold shower, result is experienced right from the first day. I feel really vibrant. I am sure I will stick to cold shower as a daily routine. because of this shower, I enjoy all my routine exercise immensely.
I do scrub with wet rough cloth.This was a practice in naturo-pathy. In this way we can tolerate cold bath.
we are sailing in the same boat. I was worried about my..BP. It came all right. It means cold bath has proved to reduce the BP as claimed in my earlier post in this page only. You may keep 2 or 3 types of mediation tapes. Usually, guide meditation starts with asking us to cocentrate on breath, then scan the whole body mentallly, and then visualize few objects, and then send vibrations of good wishes to all living being.The last part is very soothing if we have completed three stages.
Witnessing our thoughts and the gap between the thoughts is also a good method. we will continue to match our notes on   our voodoo.
Your post is very encouraging. I think it will convince all members to adopt cold shower treatment.Our success will work as a catalytic agent for doing this therapy. Now cold wave in my area is subsided from to-day. I will concentrate on alternative hot/cold shower for some time. Initial scrubbing the body with wet cloth before cold water shower is standard technique with naturo-pathy. Bye and bye we can device our own method which suits us better.Good Luck.
It is no doubt that many people take showers on a regular basis. According to an article, there are tremendous benefits of using only the faucet located on the right and never touching the one on the left.

Some cultures use cold showers and baths because they cure many aliments.

Cold showers strengthen your immunity. People who take cold showers rarely have colds, the flu, infections and some forms of cancer. The increased metabolic rate resulting from the body’s attempt to warm itself up, activates the immune system and releases more white blood cells in response.

Cold showers improve your blood circulation. The natural tendency of the body when it is cold is that your blood rapidly circulates to your vital organs to keep them warm, which increases your overall blood circulation. Good circulation improves the performance of your system help you look and feel better.

Cold showers regulate your body temperature. Cold showers activate the body’s adaptive repair systems. If you suffer from chronically cold hands and feet, or if you sweat a lot, try taking a cold shower.

Cold showers promote weight loss and increases your metabolism. An increased metabolism leads to more weight loss. Could a cold shower be your key to weight loss?

Cold showers alleviates depression Cold showers can prevent depression, and if you are already depressed, a cold shower will surely help you. Research at the Department of Radiation Oncology at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia indicates that cold water has a stimulating effect on the brains “blue spot.” This is the main source of noradrenaline, a chemical that might be used to help alleviate depression.

Cold showers improve your lymphatic movement. Cold showers cause whole-body contraction and this works excellently with the lymph system, squeezing the fluid up through the body.

Cold showers deepens your breathing. Taking cold showers opens up your lungs much like strenuous physical exercise does and results in a higher average intake of oxygen, which is good for many things like not feeling tired during the day and doing better at sports or other exercises.

Cold showers keep skin and hair healthy. It is well known that hot water dries out your skin and hair. On the other hand, cold water can make your hair look shinier and your skin look healthier by tightening cuticles and pores, preventing them from getting clogged. This helps to reduce blemishes like acne. Cold water helps to squeeze toxins and waste products out of the skin. Cold water closes the cuticle which makes the hair stronger and prevents dirt from easily accumulating within your scalp.

Cold water increases energy and produces a sense of well being. A cold shower can leave you feeling invigorated and energized. The heart starts pumping, and the rush of blood through the body helps shake off the lethargy of the previous night’s sleep. Many people swear that cold showers are a definite stress reducer.

Cold showers increase hormone production. You probably already about this benefit. Cold showers increases hormone production and activity by giving the body’s glands a boost. Cold showers can be of great benefit to the reproductive system when trying to conceive a child.

If you are convinced about the health benefits, take this advice before you begin to use cold showers.

Making a drastic change in temperature would be too much a stress to your body. Therefore, begin to take cold showers gradually. A great way to implement cold showers into your daily routine is by turning the water to cold for the last 30 seconds to a minute of your shower. Give it a try and see what benefits you experience. Maybe the secret to the all that ails you is in the faucet on the right.
yes   if only it was that easy dalubaba----i can see a "faucet on the right" cult beginning here. Shock your way to liberation!!  Osho would love it.  om
Today I went to pay my respects to a family whos mother passed away, and took my cold/warm shower right away at 7 am....Before I was awake...before I could think twice about it and was invigorated and in less pain then in a long time and was able to walk to a restaurant and then stop and take photographs in a park and then go shopping for next weeks
groceries and then feed my animals and oh my goodness, was able to feel on top of the world....

I focus on ending my cold shower by pointing the showerhead at my ankles, bottoms of my feet and lower legs and it is quite enjoyable now after 5 days not because of the cold water, but of how I know I will feel after the cold water is turned off and I continue my day....I have not read much about cold water therapy except for what is posted here, but am going to WIKI it this afternoon....after I make supper, finish washing the clothes and publishing some of my photographs on line......Thank you again so much, would love to read of more members taking part in the Faucet On The Right cult......LOL
I did want to tell you that in the Guided Meditation tape I originally listened to, the instructor said that during Breath Meditation that many things will come up that have to do with our bodies.  An example is " I am tired" or
"I feel tight" or "I feel heavy" and to notice those body symptoms and then turn back to the breath.  In noticing the body symptoms and then turning back to the breath, the emotional reactions to the body symptoms do not manifest while doing the meditation ....In fact during the day if a emotional symptom does come up as in " I am so sad my dog died last year" you can start the Breath Meditation immediately and then notice where the body
is feeling the heaviness, the shallow breathing, the bent over posture associated with extreme sadness.....

I may be totally off the mark with this Sir, but for years my emotions ruled my body, told my body how to behave, that in the past 5 days I have even cut back on my daily aspirin that I use for pain...

Thank you very much for listening....

M
well----i have only made it to the point wherre i end my shower with cold water. And it is refreshing.   As to the breath---i practice and teach folks to mentally (inner voice) say Refresh with each inhale (and imagine inhaling primary nutrient---mountain air---whatever is your image)  so inhale--refresh.
     And exhale Relax (inner voice) and exaggerate the feeling of let-go. Of relaxation.  This (with practice) overrides any negative thought attempting to take over your inner screen. What could go wrong?   Try it.    omhome
uhmmmm-------not really really really cold.
Yes it is a good mediation especially for body-symptoms. Going back from the symptom to breathing means we are neglecting them.This means we are not giving any energy  to thoughts of symptoms.when thoughts do not get our attention(energy) they automatically fade. Or whenever you think you are losing concentration, come back to concentrate on breathing.Concentration on berating stabilizes our brain.
To-day I started with oil massage, then massage with cold water, then mini hot shower and then cold shower.Sesame oil or olive oil is good as it opens skin pores.(almond clogs pores) This is the 6th day.Cold shower has brought improvement in all activity of the day and all function (Bodily&mental).
Exhalation means, relaxation, cleansing and let go. Yes it is good and practical one.It is suggested that you go as hot as possible and then go as cold as possible. It is also a good alternative.
In earlier posting in this thread the following info is really good.
Cold showers increase hormone production. You probably already know about this benefit. Cold showers increases hormone production and activity by giving the body’s glands a boost. Cold showers can be of great benefit to the reproductive system when trying to conceive a child. This is a useful info for almost all. I think I will post this in sexual problem community.
The mind has a mind of its own....LOL

I have dispensed with the words now, at the beginning I would have to
say, " refresh" or "Get Back" or "Not Now" to get my attention back to the breathing, now I just notice what the body feeling is and then turn my attention back to my breath...

This meditation can be used anytime or in any place...No one will even notice that you are breathing...

The popularity of hydrotherapy began to decline in the 20th century as many in the medical field moved to drugs to treat illnesses. As doctors concentrated on conventional medicine, more holistic methods began to be seen as quackery. While hydrotherapy was prescribed less and less to cure illnesses, doctors continued to use it to treat injuries such as strained muscles and broken bones. You’ll find athletes today taking ice baths to speed their recovery from injuries and intense workouts.

While doctors may no longer instruct their patients to take a cold bath and call them in the morning, a shot of cold water can still impart real health benefits..

My research on Hydrotherapy mirrors Dalubabas recommendations and today is Day 6....I haven't learned to love the cold water yet, I even cringe thinking about getting in the shower, but I know that the end results are really helping me and I can't fight myself about that at all....

Keep up the great work....

M
Wow you guys! When i came to at the emergency room the doc asked what happened> I had to tell him that i had been taking a cold shower! And was told to by this man named Dalubaba---and i should take them colder! and more often! He will be in touch with both of you---yers---i told him youngat heart was a co-conspirator of the cold water cult. So.
     Yeah just kidding---a little fun.
     But we do have our own Cold-Water Guru---Sri Dalubabaji---Swami at large. Yes Yes Yes.   omhome
Cold -water -cult. I like this phrase.Before going for bath, I thought" let me see about cold shower to explore whether, I could add something to the cold shower. Yes, I am feeling really good. The fear of chill is still there and it will remain for some time.Cold water cult will become a real chant. The Doctor will definately think about cold shower when he takes his bath and even he may try little bit of cold stream.Myoungatheart has made this therapy more attractive. I was thinking of oil massage. Question is whether to wait for half an hour before taking cold shower and how to pass half an hour in bath room without cloths. should I do meditaion in a bathroom? or come out in my room putting on a bath robe(at present i do not have a bath robe) so some planning is going in my head.This will be my 7th day.
Myoung at hear has done a challenging job of taking cold shower at 7 am. Early morning bath is quite challenging. I usually take my bath at about 10 am, after doing yoga and reading newspaper. Most of the credit goes to you for this cult.Thanks.
It is natural to cringe to cold shower as we are used to hot showers.that is why i had suggested to read the benefits ever day before bath.Or concentrate more on benefits.
I have competed complete one week . The whole week passed with vibrant health . I have decided to make cold shower a routing similar to brushing me teeth. (I am using denture so I brush my gums) I use tongue cleaner. I rub my tongue with my index and middle finger to stimulate three meridians, I rub the part below the tongue  with first two fingers. I also rub top of the mouth and massage in a rotatory fashion-the area near the throat.This take 2 minutes only. this is the advantage of artificial denture.Rubbing the tongue gives nauseating type of sensation. this is as good as detoxification (as done by vomiting)Sorry to write a boring detail.These little techniques gives results in long term period.
There is not much scientific research on this therapy as no company is benefited financially. We do not see much of activity on preventive techniques.We have to search and find our own nectar.Many thanks .I will continue to share if I find something useful. I am planning to fit in the oil self massage in this routine. Few oils clog the pores of the skin and oils open pores of the skin which helps to receive nutrition through skin.Question is how, what, and when.I have invited some members senior community and sexual health to visit our group to know about hydro therapy.Thanks again.
during the warm cycle try a forward bend with exhale (knees bent a lot-relax hamstrings) and pause a moment with water on low back---support yourself for balance--and then with inhale slowly uncurl the spine chin tucked in (like a fern coming up from the forest floor). Like a modified sun-salutation. A few of them will do. Just with rhythm of in and ex hales slowly and with focus.   OK. Try it and see.    om
two amazing women---you tube-----deva premal! Wow.   and sheila chandra  wow)---------------------osho is there too! you will like him if you are patient  with him---he slows it all down---dalubaba knows him too---and the side-bars for osho-----whoa now,    om
I will look up the women you mention and Osho too.

My folders contain Wayne Dyer and Thich Nhat Hanh
along with Krisnamurti, Alan Watts, and Joseph Campbell
with a large volume of Carl Jung and Jungian therapists.
I have a nice collection of Tibetan Monks chanting
and Meditations for Chakra Healing, and Singing Bowls
along with Tibetan Bells and Gongs....The Internet members who
have uploaded all these wonderful Tubes deserve a Big
Thank you from me...They make my healing quite enjoyable....

Thank you very much for your recommendations

M
Lama Tasha, had recorded few chants just for fum. His friend suggested to prepare an album. He got Grammy award for his album. I think it is about 6 years back. I could not get this album in India.
You have covered almost all Healers and spiritualists.
I read Osho for 8 years. I was so engrossed in reading his books, I ignored all other authors.I attended his two 10 day comps. I was so much impressed that i would have been in his sanysi(disciple) if he had not left of America. He established  commune named Rajnishpuram in USA. He had to leave America for some frauds done by his disciples. I have read every word he has spoken.Rajnish was his name.He expired about 10 to 15 years back.Osho international foundation is on web. He is master on meditation.   Fearful of cold shower on 8th day-any way I am going there........
Yes, i did 8th day as well. I did forward bend as suggested by OMhome.Concentrating shower on lower back, may enhance blood circulation in groin area and activate spinal column and each vertebra gets massaged. However it may be difficult for you to do this action.
The success of 8 days will help to carry on with this showers as routine.Many persons might be doing cold shower without knowing the benefits they are getting out of it.Though I knew many types of baths, I never thought, that it will give instant results.
OMHome; I did forward bend(Padhastasana) 10 times. while coming up, maintained the neck  as if in a stance of 'attention' we see during military parade. Thanks.
The reason for uncurling rather than holding the neck at attention gets pretty esoteric (to do with kundalini---chakras--and more). Just wait (feel the heavy head just hanging naturally---don't try to look up first (so many of my students do) and kink the neck muscles. And not to block the energy we are bringing up the spine channel--
    Let me know if you want more on it or yoga.   The ancient classical Hatha yoga is not what most people think!!! The postures use to be in order of the evolution of nature---including us. The turtles (kurmasana) and trees and fish etc. are in their proper places.  These days teachers just throw some postures together unaware of what they are really doing.  Find the teachersd who do know these things---there are many--.Let me know what are your questions about  yoga.   om
a part of the secret of the uncurling with the water on your spine is to deeply focus your mind on that tactile sensation of the hot water touching your vertebrae one at a time as you are coming up. This simulates the feel of Kundalini rising----many report a warmth or even a heat as she awakens! So that is part---one part--of the trick of this practice. There is much more you can add to this Shower Sadhana---Ha!.   Love you guys---oh yes yes yes.   Om om om   shanti
I will definitely approach you for any queries about yoga. I had learned more from yoga school of yoga. Before that when i was in school, we used to do yoga regularly. It was mandatory.
I do yoga, meditation, accupressure( shiatsu) during 4 am to 7 am. I may sleep in between. I pass my time as i cannot sleep after 4am. I get 5 hour seep at night and one hour nap in the afternoon. I do few postures in the evening which may help in getting sleep.
At present I will not take hot shower as I want to increase my tolerance to cold. So doing yoga postures in shower will have to wait. I may try relaxing in hot/cold tub bath in the early evening in summer. I do keep in touch with yoga literature from books, webs and magazines. Now i do not attend any training centered or camps as I cannot hear the mechanical sound. My hearing aid is not useful for mechanical sound. I enjoy reading and surfing yoga literature. I also read chinese meditation, chair tai chi, meditation on chinese meridians. I do learn new tools but use only few as the age is a limiting factor. It is good to learn from you as well. Many thanks.
I am doing well with cold shower without turning to hot shower as cold wave is over.There is lot of reading material in websites having different opinions. we have to search things which are applicable to us and within our limits. Ice baths are also suggested. Anyway things are interesting. how are you?
My goodness Dalubaba-----you are one strong critter my friend and more dedicated than most.
     I picture you getting out of your Bed of Nails and getting into an Ice Bath and then putting on your Hair Shirt---well i see a robe!-----and then sending out these wonderful messages to your m family.
     Ok i am weak. I want to send you a posture-pedic mattress (adjustable) and a silk shirt! and some warm (if not hot) water.   Oh well----
      Thank you Dalubaba        omhome
I have received your warm water. Yes it has given me warmth. Now I have stopped counting days as it is evident, that i will always taking Hair shirt bath.For a second we feel that we are self torchlight. I thin correct word is masochist.
Myoungatheart has not appeared. I hope she is OK. In one website, there was a caution against elderly people. I normally do not bother about age related cautions.If you lend your ears to such cautions, you will not be able to do any thing.Once a doctor refused to use our company's iron injection.He said I will use an established companies product. I persuaded him to try on me. Unluckily, I got immediate reaction. I never sold that product in my area. I told my bosses that i will never sell this product in my area.So sometimes I do become brave.Once I did shirsha san (head stand posture) after drinks and that too on a table.I did as a challange. Of course now I do not dare to go near shirshasan.So that is how life tales turns!
Lama Tasha's chanting and Tibetan meditations are very well known to me.
I have quite a varied collection of Buddhist literature and music and meditation, and as I try not to focus on one entity in order to keep my mind open to hear all the messages I am partial to Alan Watts.. I heard him in my childhood and remember thinking then that " I will listen to him when I get old, right now I am too busy being a kid" and then Alan Watts came back via YouTube just as I was at my lowest point and ready to receive his lessons....Nothing is ever truly lost, even in the darkest night when you do not even see your own shadow, the light remains and guides the way...

M
Our cold wave will not be over at least until May and sometimes it snows here in June.  I am continuing my cold water therapy and have brought it  to a couple of my family members who have no interest in anything cold except for ice cream....ha ha.....They are too young yet at 35 and 40 and take lots of pills and vitamins to help them feel better. I did too when I was a child and if they are ever interested in the cold water therapy, at least they will know someone who does it and continues to experience good health....

Sir, I have read that you will be in the Military Parade.  I did have a Guru in India many years ago who was up on the Northern Pakistan/India Border in the Military. Many many letters and photos of his family and village were received by me and also sent by me. I have hidden all his letters in a good spot, so good a spot that even I cannot find them..I am also ashamed that I cannot remember his name or recall where I hid my treasures of his great words and stories of wonderful daily life and family...

I would just like as a favor that the next time you are in the Military Parade if you would take this small thought I have of him and release the thought from "M" to him where ever he is in India, that I still think fondly of him, and his family and am very grateful that for a short time, he took time out of his well ordered busy life to share it with me....I know that if he is still on this level that he will also be in the Military Parades and he might be that man next to you or behind you or in front of you...

Thank you so much Dalubaba, I wish continued good health to you and will write soon...

M

I have heard about a pilot baba.I have not read his work so far. He must have left military.I will try to find his work and read it.Can you recall his  name as pilot baba.I do not know whether he is/was a real pilot or just known a pilot baba.
I think people will accept cold bath if they are asked to rub the body with wet napkin or cloth. This will help in reducing chill. This is the standard method in naturopathy.
Google Pilot baba. You will find his web site. From there you will know that he is the same person.
Wonderful news....I found my friends address in India, from the year of 2002, and will write to him and tell him how much he meant to me with his words of wisdom and compassion,,,,,It just shows me that whatever we ask for, in this case the lost letters, will be given to us if we really want it.

I meditated on the letters and address all day yesterday, not as one long meditation but a open meditative thought all day long and this morning, I did one search and found the letter and address....

Thank you very much

M

M
I lost a file of my wife's file of old medical record in a hospital where she was admitted Just for a day. we left the file in the hospital.For three days I went to hospita for the file. It could not be traced. I was so perturbed that I did Reiki  for finding the file and went to the hospital. When I asked them to search the file. they could not find it.Then I told them that file was in a particular type of plastic bag. The suddenly some body said, yes I have seen such a bag. and I got my file and felt the happiest moment of my life.
After that whenever, i misplace something, first I try to find and if I do not fine, I will do Reike(just mentally draw Reiki symbols) and withing 5 minutes I find my things. I must have tried this more than 100 times.  When I wrote about Pilot baba. I sent Reiki,praying that you get your mentor's address within three days. I was to write about it to you.So there are miracles and coincidences. I sent Reiki prayer to my daughter when she conceived for 8 months. She is in LA and working as Associate professor in Oncology.She delivered a child by normal delivery on Budha's Birhday. they named him Sidharth( it is the name of Budha).My daughter and my son in law never knew that I am sending Reiki prayer. My wife knew that I am doing Reiki prayer. Of course it is difficult to say that they are coincidences or miracles. Our strong legitimate desires do give positive results. I am 100 percent sure about it. Finding your mentor's address has chain of events, like my mentioning of military saute, our discussion generated by cold showers and our decesion to do this therapy.There are so many incidences in my life which hover between the act of miracles or coincidences.Sorry for the long post.
Did you try cold shower? If you could not do it directly, you may rub your body with a wet cloth( not dripping water) and then start wit cold shower. In naturopathy, it is a standard practice. Cold rub can be a stand-alone therapy. while going through the testimonials, I find many people getting good results. One person was suffering from many ailments since last 5 years. He tried cold shoer and got his health back. On his testimony, I started cold shower. I have done it for 15 days. I feel happy about it. I will continue this bath regularly. There are no problems  with this bath. My other activities have become more pleasant. It works..
i thought i would bring this back for folks who missed it to see and benefit from---and for us to help us recall why we are ending our showers with cold water---or just taking a total cold one.. Here it is and well worth reading all the posts----remember?

om
I have completed 31 days of cold shower. Now I am confident that I will continue cold showers. It suits me well. I feel better than before. I look forward to morning shower in stead of hesitating between bathroom and dining hall. Now there is no hesitancy.Cold shower has become one of pleasures of the day.
me too
I have done chanting(humming Om) while taking shower. It helps in taking shower for a long time.Alternating with hot and cold shower is probably more effective. One can pour cold and hot water alternatively on paining part of the body.
Could you contact your Indian friend? You wrote that you found his old letter.
i am putting this back to top Dalubaba as reminder to Group of all the benefits of such a simple "trick"---we are not in "pain" as we add Cold Brrrrr oh my god!---it's col;d and now we feel cold and slip right out of that "pain loop".  Works for me for some time after too!.. C'mon everybody--just try it---it strengthens Courage--be brave---get Cold in the mornings.
     Please read it Ok?

om
breezytoo commented on breezytoo's status
specialmom, and nursegirl6572 commented on nursegirl6572's status
Natastron added the Autoimmune Disorder Tracker
Nov 21