278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
I need help; I'm so sick and tired of pain, pain meds and withdraw...
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
766 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I need help; I'm so sick and tired of pain, pain meds and withdrawal.

Hi, well some of you know that i came off morphine in June.  I tried to manage with codeine and medical marijuana.
I suffered in pain all of August, then in Sept. my Pain Dr. talked me into taking Ultram.  It was great at first as usual, my mood and pain were better, but then in October I started to have withdrawal symptoms two hours after taking a dose.
I had to start increasing my doses before I even needed pain relief, I was in hot and cold clammy sweats until I took the next dose??  Why does this keep happening??  Now I have weened off the drug and the horrible sweats have gone away, but my pain levels are intolerable.  I've been taking tylenol 3's, and medical marijuana at night and only when I'm desperate during the day. Today I broke down and took 5mg of morphine, and now i feel really guilty (but the pain is gone).  I'm so done with all of this, I don't like drugs, the side effects, the eventual dependency and then the withdrawal.
What a hellish roundabout this is, a catch 22, drugs or pain?  Why can't I just live a pain free life. If I want to continue trying the last drug my Pain Dr. will give me is Suboxone or a Butrans patch.  Will this have the same result as opioids?